2 customers in 2 days have problems with HTML5 app in Safari

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Two tracks for different genres of gaming. A bit futuristic vibe in the music.
  • I did an update on my HTML5 app and in Safari (on an iPad and a Mac) the app has messed up sprites, and layouts that are jumbled. I did see this myself on my own iPad.

I had the customers clear their browser and go back in and all is well, but they lost all their data stored in local storage.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Tagged:

• Every time I upload a new version I delete all files and then upload new ones.

Because newer version may have differently organized sprite sheets, I guess, while naming remains the same, you may get cached files shown instead of new ones and they don't fit the newly exported version.

Basically you have something like shared sheet 0 in your export, but now it contains different images, so it looks like nonsense.

This happens even when not dealing with cached files. I guess game code may point to images on that sprite sheet and if you only upload new script files ( after a minor change ), or try to rewrite files, they still may come out wrong.

Therefore nuke everything, then upload a new version.

Not much you can do for people who already have the game and get served rong cached files ( other than tell them to empty their cache )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Every time I upload a new version I delete all files and then upload new ones.

Because newer version may have differently organized sprite sheets, I guess, while naming remains the same, you may get cached files shown instead of new ones and they don't fit the newly exported version.

Basically you have something like shared sheet 0 in your export, but now it contains different images, so it looks like nonsense.

This happens even when not dealing with cached files. I guess game code may point to images on that sprite sheet and if you only upload new script files ( after a minor change ), or try to rewrite files, they still may come out wrong.

Therefore nuke everything, then upload a new version.

Not much you can do for people who already have the game and get served rong cached files ( other than tell them to empty their cache )

Interesting. I had no idea.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)