Crashes in the Downloadable/Standalone C3 editor, help repeating error. Edit: Solved, fix underway

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hey all,

The error: "Aw Snap, Something went wrong".

I made a post previously asking if others got this while working in the c3 app. It seems like crashes happen every so often, but they don't seem to have a reliable reason.

However, I found what I believe is a reproducible error. I get it in a completely blank project, every time.

1. Create a sprite.

2. Go to the event sheet and click to add a custom action.

3. Once an object is selected, in the custom Action dialogue give the action any name.

4. Without clicking anywhere else, or filling out any more fields hit "enter". (so type the name, then immediately hit enter.

I get an error, every single time I do this. If I use the mouse to click enter or do other things, I don't get the error. Even hitting enter from "description" or other fields doesn't throw the error.

Can someone confirm this? I am running windows10, using the standalone c3 editor.

• On your other post, I shared a bug report link that has these exact steps you wrote!

When you say C3 app, you mean in nwjs, or in Google Chrome?

AFAIK it happens on latest Chrome (also happened about half a year ago, again a Chrome issue), and will likely be fixed around 20th Feb according to what Ashley found. Can use Chrome Dev, or Firefox, for now.

• Sounds like #7796 which is a bug in Chrome that is fixed for the next release, due out in a week or two.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On your other post, I shared a bug report link that has these exact steps you wrote!

When you say C3 app, you mean in nwjs, or in Google Chrome?

AFAIK it happens on latest Chrome (also happened about half a year ago, again a Chrome issue), and will likely be fixed around 20th Feb according to what Ashley found. Can use Chrome Dev, or Firefox, for now.

Sorry, I think I must have missed it. Thanks! I've been requesting features that already exist, reporting bugs that have already been solved... and then forgetting I already did those things. ugh, I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached to me. I'm getting to be like that old person who complains about a problem that was solved 2 decades ago and keeps forgetting that it was solved. :(

• Sounds like #7796 which is a bug in Chrome that is fixed for the next release, due out in a week or two.

Thank you Ashley , I got confused and was thinking that was for a different bug, then I forgot you had already said it was being solved. You are a rock star.

Thanks!

• > On your other post, I shared a bug report link that has these exact steps you wrote!

>

> When you say C3 app, you mean in nwjs, or in Google Chrome?

>

> AFAIK it happens on latest Chrome (also happened about half a year ago, again a Chrome issue), and will likely be fixed around 20th Feb according to what Ashley found. Can use Chrome Dev, or Firefox, for now.

Sorry, I think I must have missed it. Thanks! I've been requesting features that already exist, reporting bugs that have already been solved... and then forgetting I already did those things. ugh, I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached to me. I'm getting to be like that old person who complains about a problem that was solved 2 decades ago and keeps forgetting that it was solved. :(

Haha no worries, I get that feeling too, our minds get a bit polluted with so many different things, hard to keep track of!

At least this issue will be history soon.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)