Cooldown Assistance

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Hello! I need help with a rogue-like game I am creating regarding its cooldowns and the abilities I have incorporated.

Here is a summary of what I am trying to make and what I need help with:

We have abilities on level up via experience (Similar to Vampire Survivors) and enemies that you fight. The abilities are chosen via a menu, and the cooldowns range from 5 to 10 seconds. The issue that I am trying to fix is to incorporate cooldown bars and said cooldown bars function whenever an ability is used. Each ability is automatically used. When an ability is purchased in the menu, it is added to an array that stores it in the HUD through a loop system.

My past attempts to create this game design (Cooldown bars) have been futile, as I have tried to link another array with cooldowns but nothing has seemed to work. Each cooldown bar is a separate sprite along the HUD. (pictured below)

Please let me be detailed in your response and offer me some help regarding my issue to help steer me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Images of the game & some code I've tried:

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I wouldn't use a separate array. I'm not fully understanding the cooldown concept but you can try a timer behaviour on the bar object. When you use the ability you start the timer. Then 'on timer' which is when it finishes you can run the ability again or whatever happens here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)