containers c3

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Ashley , other construct devs..

so the new wrap selection(where you can move entire container) was cool when i first saw it, but testing it now i find the behavior rather strange

lets say you have a container with 2 objects with wrap option, if you want to have more of these in the editor, you have to drag in seperate objects, which get coupled in the position you drag the object in the editor, to change that, you have to select the object in the objectlist (you cant from the object itself) , then set the option to "normal" , so you can move the seperate object, then set the option to wrap again

so then this becomes something that only is usefull for one container and do creation and placement in code, but why have this new selection option then?

possible solution would be to move the second object in correct position relative to the "parent" object or bring the entire container in when you put one

but if you want to use this feature for better/faster object placement, you cant use the objects as single instances or group with other instances,

so it becomes really confusing how this is to be used i think

what would be usefull is just regular grouping behavior at the editor level, where you can group and break the group on the selected instance with the wrap selection behavior and not working on the object type, this would be for better objectmanagement & placement, to create more, you could copy the group from the editor, this would become a new selection group with new instances

well the selection-grouping is something i like to put on the suggestion forum but wanted to ask about the current workflow with containers first

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • okey as always after i post i find out new things

ctrl - move : duplicate container

shift- move: move constrained on axis: nice!

notes:

-would be great to multi select containers > shift-click only selects parts

-using part of a container as single instance can become problematic for levelplacement

-selection groups could still be usefull if you want to group even larger chunks ( wood,stone > house > street > ... )

• -would be great to multi select containers > shift-click only selects parts

Alt does that. I just tried it and it's a bit confusing because it doesn't refresh the view when you release alt, I'll fix that for the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)