Construct 3 does not actually run offline, at all.

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • I have probably thousands of hours clocked in C3 (desktop & chrome) while online so there is no way this "ready to use offline" notification hasn't popped up by now. I'm sure I've seen it once or twice.

However, without internet access...

If I try to launch C3 desktop version: Nothing happens. I get ghost nw.js processes.

If I try to launch C3 browser version from my desktop which I "installed" from Chrome: I get a blank white screen with a C3 logo so large I can only see the top half of it.

If I already have C3 open and lose my internet connection: Preview stops working.

If I already have C3 open and happen to be logged out: I cannot log back in and am locked out of paid features, preview, etc.

Is there, like, something else I need to do? Is this all just outdated information?

I vaguely recall one time I lost my internet connection while working, and C3 - after 5 minutes or so - just automatically switched to some offline version and I think it gave me a notification. I haven't gotten that since.

• After using construct 3 from last 2.5 years I have learned few facts regarding it:-

1.) Offline thing rarely works:- suppose last time I was working on a project with 3 plugins (was online). If I run that project offline,it will work. But if I add another new plugin in offline mode, the preview screen will remain black untill I connect the internet back(I think that construct 3 does not load EVERYTHING during online mode. It only download that data which is currently needed. And when during offline mode if particular data is required which was not downloaded earlier then it shows a black screen). The plugin which I was talking are sprites,audio etc which are the basic components.

And even if offline thing works,"new project" button RARELY works. It will always show an error "failed to create a project"... Something like that. But to overcome that I have a blank project which I load and then work on it.

And suppose if construct 3 crashes due to any reason,there is 99 percent chances that next time when I load construct 3,I will be greeted by a huge construct 3 logo at the centre

Regarding desktop version, I don't have much experience.

• It should work. I've tried it many times in the past and verified it does work offline.

If it got somehow broken at some point, please file an issue following all the guidelines. Please note any report about C3 not working offline must start with these steps:

1. Clear storage/browser data/etc to revert to clean (uncached) state

2. Load C3 while online and wait for the "ready to use offline" notification.

3. (Whatever further steps necessary to reproduce the problem)

Several times in the past people have skipped step 2 and as far as I saw it was working fine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You won't be able to run Construct 3 beta versions offline in the NWjs version because the URL redirect requires an internet connection. (Same if you bookmark the beta link in any other browser.)

If you don't understand what this means. Click this url and notice how it redirects to the latest Construct 3 beta version: editor.construct.net/beta

• TheRealDannyyy I'm using stable though

• All the versions of C3 are url redirects, no package files are supplied with the NWjs version, just the package.json.

I also had this issue many times before, but currently it works for me, don't know why (but it's not that the app was not cached before), maybe it's the latest NWjs that fixed it (v48).

Are you using v48+?

• You won't be able to run Construct 3 beta versions offline in the NWjs version because the URL redirect requires an internet connection. (Same if you bookmark the beta link in any other browser.)

A few months ago we updated the redirect to work offline too, so that should still work offline now as well.

• > You won't be able to run Construct 3 beta versions offline in the NWjs version because the URL redirect requires an internet connection. (Same if you bookmark the beta link in any other browser.)

A few months ago we updated the redirect to work offline too, so that should still work offline now as well.

Good to know, must've missed that.

I can confirm that offline mode works fine on my end using NWjs v0.48.1.

• I've also never gotten this to work, despite it always saying "ready to work off line". This isn't a recent thing either. In the end i just gave up trying because 99% of the time i have internet.

• So I clear everything when I exit the browser (brave browser) I have Construct 3 installed as a chrome app in the brave browser. It says a box in the left bottom corner each time I start it up as I have to log in each time, no big deal, but am wondering is it saving new files each time I boot Construct 3 up in this respect?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)