Is Construct 3 limited to 60 fps?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 60 cursors. All icons are of a high quality. A good choice for RPG game.
  • Hey there! ^_^

So im reading up on C3 and unity to decide what to buy. C3 is very interesting, but alot of people on the forums claims that unity has much better performance and that C3 has performance issues/limitations for big games?

Is this true? Or can C3 beat 60 fps? Or is it really limited to 60 fps only while unity can get over a 100 fps+ ?

Thanks for any answer. ^_^

• Yes.

Chrome is also limited to 60 fps.

If there was broad support for going over that on the platforms Construct can run on then they would most likely try to match that.

Not that any of that really has much to do with performance or big games.

Those things are decided by the platform, and hardware. If you have less ram because you have overhead from the browser, or less speed because the browser does many other things besides running games then yes, there are some limitations.

• Mine runs at 165fps. Cause I have a 165hz monitor.

• Hi newt, For me Chrome / Construct games are running at 75 FPS

(although the monitor is supposed to be 144 hz... i need to look into why im not seeing 144hz option. (edit: looks like my gfx card ,an old quadro k2000 can only go to max 75hz or 85 at some resolutions, it is not a gaming card it is an old card for CAD)

So yea, definitely you can go above 60 FPS in chrome / construct if you have the right hardware.

• Construct is not limited to 60 FPS. It matches the v-sync refresh rate of the display, which is most commonly 60 FPS, but not always.

• If you plan your game properly, optimize code, optimize graphics and unload unused assets from memory I don't see why there should be a problem making a large game. Same with any engine I guess.

• Mine runs at 165fps. Cause I have a 165hz monitor.

:O so C2 can run faster than 60 fps! How though? Every game i have runs at 140+ except C2. Is there some options to do this or?? Its stuck at 57 fps for now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Im not sure about c2, this is c3 thread, but assuming its the same and you have a 144+ hz monitor and you have a graphics card capable of outputting that refresh rate then 2 things to check would be. 1, have you set the Refresh rate in os display properties to whatever max your monitor can handle at ur monitor resolution? And 2, do you have hardware acceleration enabled in your browser?

• NetOne I guess that's a C3 feature although I get frame rates above 60 on an old Linux laptop.

I don't think that's hardware though.

• Construct is not limited to 60 FPS. It matches the v-sync refresh rate of the display, which is most commonly 60 FPS, but not always.

This is true of both Construct 2 and Construct 3.

• Ok, maybe I was thinking of the 30 fps requests.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)