Hi there, I'm new to construct in general.
My question is if construct 3 can be used to make web apps, and not only games.
Meaning can the final build be set as to not include physics, for instance, or generally anything not used.
Also, how would it fair with platform specific features?
This is considering that the objective is to create apps for web and mobile, based on html5.
Please enlighten me on the subject matter.
Construct is awesome for building HTML5 web and mobile apps. I haven't found a better tool for yet for this purpose. It is pretty cool to have the full game engine capability when you are designing a non-game experience. I was a little worried about making things lightweight, but haven't found this to be an issue, even with projects with tens of plugins, hundreds of layouts, and thousands of events.
Here are some of the non-games I have made in Construct 2. The only one that can't currently be built in Construct 3 is ChemThink, which uses the Q3D plugins which have not been ported to C3:
1. 50+ HTML5 science simulations on http://www.simbucket.com: https://www.simbucket.com/welcome-to-simbucket/
2. ChemThink front end (I used php on the backend): https://simbucket.com/chemthinkserver/chemthink/index.html
3. DC Circuit Builder for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dc-circuit-builder/id863128050?mt=8
4. DC Circuit Builder for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nerdislandstudios.dccircuitbuilder&hl=en
5. Physics Question Bank: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55106174/questionbank/index.html