considerable lag rendering spritesheets in editor

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • since updating to r240 beta I've notice considerable lag when going to a layout I have not been on for some time. I have a decently large project file.

10-20 seconds before the sprites load (in the editor) and down the bottom left it says:

Rendering Sprite Sheets....(has a count)

Creating Textures....(has a count)

Has something changed recently that would effect this? It's mildly annoying, but it wasn't doing this before and the size of my layouts/objects hasn't changed that much.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We did not change anything relating to spritesheets in r240.

I would guess it's something else that changed and you falsely correlated it with the update, which is quite common.

• Ashley sorry, I meant to say in my transition from r234.4 to r240. I skipped all the betas in between (before r240) so it was fairly obvious to see the time difference when I hadn't added anything to the project. I was just wondering if others were experiencing the same thing. It could be as simple as other Chrome processes taking up system resources, I have a fairly old computer (2014).

• It could be service workers handle/load the new module javascript, which c3 tries to implement, slower or fail to do so in some cases.

• Check the release notes to see what we've changed. I don't recall that we've changed anything about handling spritesheets recently though. As ever it's difficult to help unless there's more information to work with.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)