Can't disable offline support like I could with C2?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • Ashley

I have migrated to C3 for my last two client projects. Part of the client's requirements are to disable offline support. In C2, this used to involve removing the appmanifest.json. This doesn't seem to be an option anymore, and I am running out of ideas.

The app works in Safari and Firefox, but not Chrome. Unfortunately, over half of our user base is running Chrome.

Here is the email from the client:

[quote:3obesdg6]I finally got Angle Launched Projectiles loaded this past weekend. It's looking great. Unfortunately last night I was notified that it is "broken" ... which seems to be on Chrome (and maybe Firefox too).

I've been snooping around trying to figure out possible issues.

1) I could not add the file appmanifest.json to the server. .json files are on the unpermitted list. I tried to add them to the permitted list and it still rejects the file. But I do remember this as an issue in the past and was thinking that the file was automatically created by Construct not necessary when served from the web. Not sure I got that right? It looks like the index.html file is making a reference to it.

Here is the direct URL to the app:

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/PhysicsClassroom/media/Concept-Builders/TrajectoryALP/index.html

In Chrome, I see the following in the console:

Safari doesn't show anything in the console, and loads fine.

Firefox loads fine, but shows the following errors in the console:

Any ideas?

I would hate to have to go back and rebuild the whole app in C2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can disable offline support in C3 by deleting offline.js and sw.js.

The other errors don't seem related to that at all. You might want to file a bug report, but note you must follow all the guidelines otherwise we probably can't help.

• You can disable offline support in C3 by deleting offline.js and sw.js.

The other errors don't seem related to that at all. You might want to file a bug report, but note you must follow all the guidelines otherwise we probably can't help.

Ashley

Thanks for the help on this!

We will try deleting offline.js and sw.js and see how it goes.

Also, The client's CMS is blocking .json files. All I should have to do is delete the reference to appmanifest.json in the index.html for that, correct?

• Also, The client's CMS is blocking .json files. All I should have to do is delete the reference to appmanifest.json in the index.html for that, correct?

It shouldn't cause any problems if appmanifest.json fails to load. Still, .json is a common web format and it might break other things if they block it...

• > Also, The client's CMS is blocking .json files. All I should have to do is delete the reference to appmanifest.json in the index.html for that, correct?

>

It shouldn't cause any problems if appmanifest.json fails to load. Still, .json is a common web format and it might break other things if they block it...

I re-exported the project in C3 r59, and it is now working fine in both minified and un-minified form. I don't know exactly why, but here is what I saw:

r42 - Exported project worked fine in all browsers.

r51 - Exported project worked fine in Safari, Edge, and Firefox, but failed to load (blank screen) in Chrome.

r59 - Exported project worked fine in all browsers.

It could have been either a C3 problem, something going wonky with the export, or a problem on CMS import, but I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, and it only exists after the client uploads it to their CMS.

I'm not going to worry about it now that things seem to be working fine.

I'm so sorry to trouble you about this, and I really do appreciate the hard work you guys are putting in. Thank you again!

• I can visit this site again and again. I like to learn a lot of things and share it with my friends. I also domymathhomework.org do my math homework with tips from this site. It's really important for me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)