Can't disable auto-updates on C3 installed as a web app?

Not favoritedFavorited Favorited 0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own casino app and import it to Google Play and the App Store.
  • I dared installing C3 as a web app using Edge and I enjoyed it, more screen space + I can pin it + I can easily spot it in my taskbar etc.

    However it did auto-update to the newest stable version, when I was using the LTS one (I installed it from C3 running in a tab using LTS version).

    That was pretty bad. Why are we forced into updating to the latest stable version lol it's insane, it's the same mentality of Windows restarting to do an update because it just knows better than you.

    I literally cannot find a way to stop this using the app, am I missing something?

  • If you are using an LTS release it is designed to only notify you about newer LTS updates. This is what I see happening: if I visit editor.construct.net/lts and install it as an app, it installs an app named "Construct 3 LTS" that launches the latest LTS release. I tried closing and reopening it a few times and it never notified me about a newer stable release, even though there is a newer stable release available. Perhaps you got confused and installed the latest stable release instead?

  • I installed it from my pinned tab, and editor.construct.net/lts redirects to the address I used when installing it hmmm... I will give it one more go and report back.

  • Problem might have been caused by me unknowingly having 2 Construct 3 apps already installed (one from 2022, another one from 2024...).

    I uninstalled them. Now when I mouse over the install button (which initially was "Open in App") it shows Install Construct 3 LTS.

    Fingers crossed 🤞

  • Been working fine until today Ashley . I haven't used C3 in maybe a week and all of a sudden only gray screen with no error. I cleared the app's cookies but it seems I have to uninstall it or something.

    For the next LTS update on this version could we have some errors when this happens?

    I know it's impossible to debug without more info, but I have none apart from not starting it for a week.

    Edge did update when I started it now, and the pinned tab with the LTS release there worked fine, the app still not working.

  • all of a sudden only gray screen with no error

    I had the same Error but deleting the cookies has solved the problem. But it deleted all setting and add-ons. It works fine now for me.

    I had the first time to kill the Edge Task because it wouldn't end itself. After that all works fine.

  • Construct should be logging something to the console if an error occurred. Perhaps it's a network issue, in which case you may need to look in the network tab (you'll probably need to reload to capture network requests while loading).

  • Ashley I have the exact same problem. I thought it worked after reinstalling but after a restart of the app it has the same problem again. It only works if I call the URL with the Edge Browser and open then the app from there.

    Construct should be logging something to the console if an error occurred.

    It's all completely blank, it doesn't load anything or gives any error.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without knowing more and relying only on guesswork, I'd speculate that this is a browser bug then - presumably the browser has got stuck since if Construct actually started loading and then encountered some kind of error, something should have been logged to the console.

  • Under Brave it worked, but using the installed app (Edge) it didn't, so there wasn't any network issue.

    Also I doubt my Edge browser had a problem since I never use it apart from C3, unlikely but possible.

    I randomly started the app now and it worked.

    No idea what's happening, I'll keep using the app for now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 0 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 0 guests)