C3 Updated automatically to the last version (Without Asking)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Hi,

I was on R268 and today when I opened C3 it did an update to the last version R276 without asking me for my authorization.

Why is this happening as I didn't want to update? I wanted to stay locked on R268 as I don't want to gamble with the new features added yet.

Shouldn't they need to ask if I need to update first?

Also after it was updated it showed a message that it was updated from R275 to R276 but I was on r268, is this a bug on C3??

I confirmed that indeed I was on r268 by opening my last project in an older version:

is there any way that I can set the default to R268 again?

I know I can visit directly the link r268 but I have already the icon on Chrome to visit C3 Editor which is quicker than looking for the version is very annoying.

• This update is a stable. So if you just go to editor.construct.net then it will update to the stable.

If you want to use betas from the url editor.construct.net/beta will get the latest.

If you want a specific release number then use editor.construct.net/r###

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Newt

This update is a stable. So if you just go to editor.construct.net then it will update to the stable.

Before they used to ask me if I want to update even when is for a Stable update but it didn't this time, is this a new thing? I cannot remember that they updated automatically before without showing a popup message to say yes update, that's weird.

What I was doing till now is:

is for testing (betas or new Stable) Updates I go directly to: editor.construct.net/r###

And for daily work, I always go to: editor.construct.net

and when they ask me to update either to Beta or either to a stable I say no so I stayed always in my current version. For me, this is the best option and the one that makes more sense so they don't force the New updates if we don't need to.

• Is ok, I just changed the Link path in the Chrome Bookmark to go directly to "https://editor.construct.net/r268/"

I think it's better to avoid future issues like this

• Visiting editor.construct.net gives you the latest stable release with auto-updates. It's always worked that way.

Staying on old releases increases the chance that you run in to bugs and problems that were already fixed. Sometimes these even involve project corruption bugs. So I would advise to stay on the latest stable release.

• Visiting editor.construct.net gives you the latest stable release with auto-updates. It's always worked that way.

Staying on old releases increases the chance that you run in to bugs and problems that were already fixed. Sometimes these even involve project corruption bugs. So I would advise to stay on the latest stable release.

Hoh I've been using C3 for the last 8+ months to do my last game and I never noticed this as it's the first time it happened to me that's weird, maybe I didn't prest much attention to it, I'm still trying to adapt to C3 slowly.

Thanks a lot for the info and for the confirmation.

And Thanks to Newt again for the Tips

• Today construct suddenly updated to the newest version, and I noticed it only after fade behavior stops work in my game

it is really shame

Because I already saved the game in the newest buggy version and can't return to the old, normal

• As has been the case since 2017, Construct always auto-updates to the latest stable release, and all previous releases are available on the releases page in case you want to roll back for any reason.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)