C3 stylus issues.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Finally managed to migrate my project to C3, but started to notice some hickups, especially since I usually use C3 with pen/touch input, on the Surface Pro 4. I doubt this is a C3 issue but rather no stylus support in chrome and other browsers. Most notably:

1. Double tapping with Stylus is not recognized 90% of the time. Very frustrating. (but works with touch)

2. Tapping with stylus in expression input fields, does not trigger onscreen keyboard to show (but works with touch)

I'm pretty sure this is browser related issues. I also tried C3 in Chrome Canary, Opera and Vivaldi, which can run C3, but also does not support stylus. Opera does not even recognize stylus at all. I'm wondering if there is anything Ashley can do to make some workaround for this, or if I should file a bug at chrome side?

Edge and 'UCBrowser UWP' supports pen completely and does not have stylus issues, but C3 doesn't launch in those browsers, as C3 need: CSS Grid, CSS Containment, Dialog Element.

So far I love C3, but these two issues makes it hard for me to get any work done at all, unless I'm at a desk with mouse and keyboard, and I hate working at a desk. :p On my back in the sofa or the balcony is my dev studio office.

Anyone else had stylus issues with C3 or know any workaround?

• What kind of stylus does it use?

I use a generic type with the black squishy end(capacitance screen), and it reacts fairly well.

Its is a bit janky for mobile, but I think that is an issue with too small buttons, too small input boxes, etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What kind of stylus does it use?

I use a generic type with the black squishy end(capacitance screen), and it reacts fairly well.

Its is a bit janky for mobile, but I think that is an issue with too small buttons, too small input boxes, etc.

It's the "real" stylus that comes with Surface Pro, not a stylus that simulates finger input. Finger input works well, just only stylus input that doesn't seem to be supported in most browsers yet.

Only Edge and UCBrowser seems to have proper stylus support so far. I don't know if there's any override to make pointer simulate mouse input though.

• I also exclusivly work with pen and have the same issue

(chrome\browser) pen double clicking is not working well, slightly moving after first click will cancel double click, so you get what you mentioned

wacom pen have 2 extra btns, if you custom set one to double click it works perfect, the problem with that , is you have to connect this setting to a program which in this case is chrome instead of c3,

in chrome i use one for right click and one for browser back, so i would have to give up this functionality just to work with c3, double clicking is general useless in chrome

i think there could be alternative controls optimal for pen use , which i was planning to ask, but there are some things to consider, using right click instead of double might be an option

• Hmm this is interesting I wonder why It isn't consistent with C3

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)