C3 needs to move away from 3rd party dependence.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • I copied these directly from the closed bugs section of the forum. This is precisely why C3 needs to move away from 3rd party dependence and create their own export wrappers etc... Also, not the most convincing argument for moving towards browser based IDE either IMO. In any event, if you're going to charge a recurring fee for a service, you need to take responsibility for what you are going to be offering.

• Closing as it's a Chrome issue as pointed out previously. Star the issue and post in it to try and bring attention back to it.
    • This looks like a bug in the Edge browser: Closing as this bug should be followed up by Microsoft at that URL.
    • Closing as won't fix - I'm afraid there's not much we can do about this. All browsers and OSs have their own text rendering engines, and they are all slightly different.
    • Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines and report any XDK-specific issues to Intel.
    • Check your browser addons, they can sometimes interfere with C2. This most likely isn't a C2 bug though, so closing.
    • Check your browser addons, they may be interfering. Closing as won't fix.
    • Closing as will now follow up So you knew the bug is there. This issue is there already for around 8 months. I only just saw it, and the report to NW.js was only just filed
    • Sounds and music not playing on iOS. Closing, nothing we can do about reports like this, sorry.
    • Game crashes only when exported and played in NW.j. Closing as it is almost impossible to fix bugs like this
    • Closing as won't fix: the problem is with the AAC encoder we use (which doesn't report an error, it just hangs)
    • Closing as it's a NW.js bug.
    • Closing as not a C2 issue. If a problem is different across browsers, that usually indicates a variation in the browser engine.
    • Sorry, the browser implements CSS styles, not Construct 2, so there is nothing we can do about this. Closing.
    • closing as won't fix since it needs browser changes to work around.
    • This is a bug in Windows I've reported recently and has still not been fixed. I just tried reporting the issue again and their issue tracker is crashing and won't accept my report :- I'll try again later but closing this report as it is not a C2 bug.
    • you should report the problem to Apple instead since it's probably a Safari bug. Closing as won't fix.
    • Closing, please report XDK issues to Intel.
    • Closing as this is a Chrome issue.
    • Closing this report on the assumption it is the same problem. This is a bug in iOS itself that needs to be fixed by Apple.
    • Closing as this is a webkit bug
    • Sorry, there's nothing we can do if Chrome itself doesn't recognise some gamepad buttons. Closing, please follow up via that Chromium bug report.
    • Closing...Also if you have issues specific to the Intel XDK, I'd recommend reporting them to Intel.

And last but not least... I found this one to be quite amusing, considering the current atmosphere among the community:

• Closing as won't fix for the time being - this is arguably a user convenience choice and is probably better to discuss in the Construct 2 General forum to see if there's any consensus amongst users. Nobody ever complained ...
  • ...it's a Chrome issue...

...bug in the Edge browser:...

...there's not much we can do...

...report any XDK-specific issues to Intel...

...This most likely isn't a C2 bug...

...Closing as won't fix...

...This issue is there already for around 8 months...

...nothing we can do about reports like this, sorry...

...almost impossible to fix bugs like this

...the problem is with the AAC encoder we use...

... it's a NW.js bug.

...as not a C2 issue...

...there is nothing we can do about this...

...it needs browser changes to work around...

...it is not a C2 bug...

...Safari bug...

...report XDK issues to Intel...

...this is a Chrome issue...

...This is a bug in iOS itself that needs to be fixed by Apple...

...this is a webkit bug...

...Closing, please follow up via that Chromium bug report...

...I'd recommend reporting them to Intel...

... Closing as won't fix...

...scary...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's my main concern honestly.

• No control over many bugs

And that can be increased with C3 not?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)