C3 Javascript Framework or Libraries?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • As a web developer, the Construct 3 feature set for a browser-based IDE pretty much blew me away. Has there been any info on what other frameworks, libraries or techniques Scirra's developers used to build this?

• The core of C3 is a custom-built framework we designed and developed ourselves, because we didn't think any other Javascript libraries out there were suitable. It's a pretty interesting part of the development, I'm hoping on doing some tech blogs about it in future.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The core of C3 is a custom-built framework we designed and developed ourselves, because we didn't think any other Javascript libraries out there were suitable. It's a pretty interesting part of the development, I'm hoping on doing some tech blogs about it in future.

That sounds impressive. I'm looking forward to those blog posts.

That's awesome! Based on your earlier blog posts, I had assumed that might be the case.

I wrote my own non-standard framework as well (based on async single file components without a build process).

I think I have a vague sense of the sheer amount of work and technical prowess required to build a browser-based Construct 3. I am definitely looking forward to any posts you make regarding the system you created. I'm also not aware (off-hand) of any browser-based applications pushing the envelope quite so far!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)