C3 Game runs slow on android device!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A futuristic device, can be used as radarscreen, optionscreen, infodisplay, research device, ...
  • I am still kinda new to Construct engine. I want to see how games run on android device with Construct 3. So, I took a Kiwi game and tested it on an android device Galaxy S6. I didn't change many codes. All i did just added 3 touch buttons. The rest of the codes remained the same. The foreground and kiwi animation seem to be a little bit lag. It looks like the game skip few frames when kiwi runs. The gameplay is just not smooth. Is C2 running well on android? or is the same? Or Construct 2/3 are just not ready for mobile? Can someone show me if they can run kiwi game on android smoothly?

• Use debug mode to check your app performance then see what causes the issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am still kinda new to Construct engine. I want to see how games run on android device with Construct 3. So, I took a Kiwi game and tested it on an android device Galaxy S6. I didn't change many codes. All i did just added 3 touch buttons. The rest of the codes remained the same. The foreground and kiwi animation seem to be a little bit lag. It looks like the game skip few frames when kiwi runs. The gameplay is just not smooth. Is C2 running well on android? or is the same? Or Construct 2/3 are just not ready for mobile? Can someone show me if they can run kiwi game on android smoothly?

This game was made with C2 and has over 1 million downloads. Maybe you can find something interesting in that thread. But you can get your games running just fine on mobile but it is very important to know how to optimize your game. That is why sooo many new developers on this forum are complaining over performance because they don't know how to make a game for mobile. You can't use every tick events all over the place for those games. The Kiwi game isn't optimized for mobile and that is why it doesn't perform as well.

Also there are tons of different ways to export to mobile to get the best performance and that is also something you should ask the successful construct mobile developers about.

So my recommendation is to learn all there is to optimization before trying to make a mobile game. Otherwise you'll spend a lot of time making a game that will just be impossible to optimize good enough and you'll have to start over Good luck!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)