C3 Exported Games Takes too Long to Load when you have many Animation Frames

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • C3 takes too long to load when you have many animation frames.

We have 50K+ animations frames and to load the game takes 2.2 minutes.

This is the only part that C3 has no support for games that need a huge amount of animation frames like in our case.

This could be solved if you add support for:

1-Zip files so we can use it to load zips from (C3 files folder or from our server) to make game Updates with new levels

2-Also, by adding support to write to the disk on (Android & iOS) with the Cordova plugin we could save the Zip files directly into the device disk so we can make new Levels updates easier and without worrying about the MB size

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/reference/cordova-plugin-file/index.html

This will solve two problems:

1-Slow loading

2-We can make updates to add new levels easier which is currently not supported if you need to download the updates from the server.

At the moment we have to remove more than half of the levels so it doesn't take long to load the App which is not really cool when you spend 1+ year making the game.

Is there any possibility that you could add support for this?

Thanks

• Is this only when previewing, or is it taking 2 minutes to load when exported and opening it?

• Is this only when previewing, or is it taking 2 minutes to load when exported and opening it?

When we export it, meaning that the players will experience that 2,2 minutes or more as on Pc not sure why it takes much much more than that I'm still looking why there is a big difference between the two

• So no plans to add any of those basic features that should be already implemented in the engine right?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As described in memory usage, Construct loads layouts one at a time based on the content used on them. So it should only load parts of the project at once, not the whole thing. I have no idea how it could end up taking so long to load. I also have no idea how you could possibly need over 50,000 animation frames. That is an absolutely extraordinary amount. Computers are not infinitely fast nor do they have infinite amounts of memory. If you treat them like unlimited resources then you will simply discover the limits of how fast they can work and how much memory they can hold. That's not specific to Construct - ultimately you will hit hardware limits no matter what technology you use. Your game design has to respect the limits of modern computing devices.

• As described in memory usage, Construct loads layouts one at a time based on the content used on them. So it should only load parts of the project at once, not the whole thing. I have no idea how it could end up taking so long to load. I also have no idea how you could possibly need over 50,000 animation frames. That is an absolutely extraordinary amount. Computers are not infinitely fast nor do they have infinite amounts of memory. If you treat them like unlimited resources then you will simply discover the limits of how fast they can work and how much memory they can hold. That's not specific to Construct - ultimately you will hit hardware limits no matter what technology you use. Your game design has to respect the limits of modern computing devices.

As described in memory usage, Construct loads layouts one at a time based on the content used on them. So it should only load parts of the project at once, not the whole thing. I have no idea how it could end up taking so long to load.

That's what I thought, it doesn't make any sense, so do I have to report it as a bug then?

As it's clear that the more frames I add to the project the longer it takes to load the first time the Game. Also, all the Animation frames are placed in a bank layout so when the game starts the first layout goes into the menu layout which doesn't use any of those 50k frames.

==============================

I also have no idea how you could possibly need over 50,000 animation frames. That is an absolutely extraordinary amount. Computers are not infinitely fast nor do they have infinite amounts of memory. If you treat them like unlimited resources then you will simply discover the limits of how fast they can work and how much memory they can hold. That's not specific to Construct - ultimately you will hit hardware limits no matter what technology you use. Your game design has to respect the limits of modern computing devices.

They are 50k Frames in the project but each level only uses less than 500 Frames so it shouldn't rich any limitations if you load just the frames that you gonna use in that current level as the 50k frames are not present on the gameplay layout.

======================================================

All this could be easier if you could add zip support

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)