C3 does Chromecast

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Just tried Chromecast from my pc Chrome browser to the tv.

It looks like it works well, just the C3 window is shown, however you still need input, and the wireless keyboard and mouse only go about 15 feet.

Perhaps we could even get the mobile versions to work with it.

Makes me wonder how cheap you could go with a Chromebook, and still get decent cpu.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • this is kind of pointless, no? It is just casting the screen...nothing revolutionary and nothing specific to construct.

Sorry if I seem blunt, but what exactly is your point?

Setup with a computer... need a computer, mouse, keyboard, screen.

Setup with chromecast...need a computer, mouse, keyboard, screen (TV), and chromecast.

Chromecast setup requires more...

• Well it means at some point you could design from a device with no screen, or one with a tiny screen, onto a huge screen that's easier to see.

I also have a cheap projector that accepts hdmi, so I'll be using that at some point.

Something like that would be perfect for teaching a class.

But all this also means you'll be able to run it from other services as well, like Fire tv, Apple tv, Xbox, etc.

• It also makes previewing games more fun.

A bit off topic but is the gamepad functionality working in c3 yet? Chromecast + controller = win

• Well it means at some point you could design from a device with no screen, or one with a tiny screen, onto a huge screen that's easier to see.

I also have a cheap projector that accepts hdmi, so I'll be using that at some point.

Something like that would be perfect for teaching a class.

But all this also means you'll be able to run it from other services as well, like Fire tv, Apple tv, Xbox, etc.

You can do all that with C2 too. You are talking about another technology, it has nothing to do with C3. I get what you are trying to say now, you are just providing a PSA that you can achieve this. This is one of the benefits of a streaming device, it applies to everything on your computer, not just C3. Personally, I would rather a wireless video device and not chromecast. Chromecast in my experience is not that great for what you are trying to achieve.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)