How to make a button appear at the "Main Menu Layout" if the player collides with the checkpoint (or any object) in "Stage 1 Layout".
Why I need this?
I don't want to make the "continue button" visible on the main menu of the game when the user plays the game for the first time.
What I did so far.
1. Unchecked the "Continue Button" initial visibility (From Main Menu Layout).
2. In "Stage 1 Layout" I placed an object called "X". (a vertical thin line from bottom to top)
3. In the event sheet of "Main Menu Layout" I put an event when the player collides with the "X" object
the continue button should visible.
4. Made Layout 1&2 global also made the object and the continue button global.
5. Included the event sheet of "Stage 1 Layout" to the "Main Menu Layout"s event page and vice-versa.
Or is there any workaround for the same?
(Having said that I have implemented a simple checkpoint throughout the game using built-in save & load action.)