Is this a bug?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Is this a bug or am I missing something?

If you change the angle of the pink rectangle by hitting the square and then hit the Stop Button, the bullet speed = 0 and the pink rectangle stops. When you hit the Go Button, the bullet speed = 55 (and it starts moving) BUT the angle changes to 0 degrees, which I believe should not happen. Shouldn't it just continue at the angle that was set when stopped?

1drv.ms/u/s!AobC4q3rBlr6x_MhE6xzNi4cv8AXrA

• You're adjusting the angle of the object and not the angle of motion for bullet, this is always the same. Because you have 'set angle' enabled it will keep setting the angle to the angle of motion.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're adjusting the angle of the object and not the angle of motion for bullet, this is always the same. Because you have 'set angle' enabled it will keep setting the angle to the angle of motion.

The only way I can see to get this to work (so the rectangle continues the angle it had before stopped), was to use an instance variable (saving the angle on stop and loading it into bullet angle when resumed). Is this the best way to do this?

• You should adjust bullet angle of motion under bullet properties, not the object's angle.

• Bullet behavior's actions

Set angle of motion

Set the angle the bullet is currently moving at, in degrees. Note: when the speed is 0, the angle of motion is always 0 and cannot be changed, since there is no motion. Therefore setting the angle of motion then the speed does not work if the object is stopped. Instead, set the speed first and then the angle of motion.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)