Black Screen on NWJS exports

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I tried multiple times to have success by exporting my project with NWJS, but every time I am getting a black screen.

By pressing the F12 key I am getting following errors:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

workermain.js:5 [C3 runtime] Failed to load all engine scripts in worker: TypeError: Failed to execute 'createObjectURL' on 'URL': Overload resolution failed.

at LoadScripts (workermain.js:2:258)

at InitRuntime (workermain.js:5:264)

at HandleInitRuntimeMessage (workermain.js:1:151)

InitRuntime workermain.js:5

If anyone understands what the above means, please share with me the knowledge.

In the past I had no trouble at all with NWJS exports, but now it does not work anymore. I have tried exporting by using all "minify mode" options and I tried several several NWJS versions as well. But still the result of the export is the same, a black screen.

I tried for testing to export with WEBVIEW2 option, and the game did export successfully.

If anybody can help I would appreciate that.

• It appears to be this NW.js bug. I believe you can work around it by turning off worker mode in Project Properties.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It appears to be this NW.js bug. I believe you can work around it by turning off worker mode in Project Properties.

Thank you Ashley! Your suggestion to turn of worker mode in the Project Properties did the job! :)

I will try to pm you and share with you a Steam Key of the vertical slice of my game! I would love to receive constructive critic especially from you, the founder of the engine! :)

• Isn't it better to use worker mode for performance?

From what I've found, NWJS 71 was the final good release for my game.

From what I've found, NWJS 71 was the final good release for my game.

I tried to use NWJS 71 and it works!! No black screen!!! Thank you for pointing this out to me :)

And yes I assume that perfomance will be much better by using worker mode!!!

• But now my concern is if it will work correctly combining NWJS71 build with latest Greenworks plugin and Steam SDK version..

• I think there's a steam plugin and sdk for each version.

Yes it is. With the worker disabled in our project, there is now a significant lag before graphics is loaded for every object. You create a sprite and it appears a full second later...

• Worker mode runs exactly the same code, but in a different thread. So it probably won't be running the same code any faster, but it has better performance characteristics, as anything that blocks the main thread can jank the game in DOM mode, but can continue running smoothly in worker mode. In a standalone app like NW.js there should not be much that affects the main thread, it's more useful for stuff running in browsers where there is more likely to be main thread contention.

As ever, if you want to know the real answer about a performance question, measure it yourself. If you can't see that it makes a difference, it probably doesn't matter.

• Does worker mode make Physics behavior work in a different thread/core?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)