A bit confused on the new, "Copy Picked" feature on Functions

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • As the title of this Topic says, I am a bit confused on what the new "Copy Picked" for Functions actually does? Does it simply mean, that it will run on each selected object(From the SoL of the Event Block) that calls the Function, each individually? As the Release Notes for today's build make mention of, not having to pass through Object UIDs while creating Functions.

If someone doesn't mind explaining what this actually does, I'd be super grateful. I'll try to find time during the evenings this week, to make a test project to play around with Functions as well, to see what this change actually does. I'm sure the official Documentation will be updates with this information over time as well.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm pretty sure it simply means that any objects that were picked in the event that called the function, will also be picked in the function, and you don't have to pick them again. As in the two random objects I pick in the event, will be picked inside the function, which was not possible this easy previously. The function is still only called once.

This would have destroyed ALL enemies and set the animation of ALL sprites, but with copy picked it will only do it for the picked instances.

• I wonder if this will work when creating new objects then calling function in same event. Or, if that doesn't work, adding a wait 0 seconds before calling the function. When I'm home, I'll be playing around with this!

• I'm pretty sure it simply means that any objects that were picked in the event that called the function, will also be picked in the function, and you don't have to pick them again. As in the two random objects I pick in the event, will be picked inside the function, which was not possible this easy previously. The function is still only called once.

This would have destroyed ALL enemies and set the animation of ALL sprites, but with copy picked it will only do it for the picked instances.

Awesome! That's exactly what I thought it might be doing with the new r304. Thanks for your input! I will definitely need to play around with this. I usually pass through either a UID, or Object name for various functions that require it.

Let us know how you make out, Jase00 :)

• I wonder if this will work when creating new objects then calling function in same event. Or, if that doesn't work, adding a wait 0 seconds before calling the function. When I'm home, I'll be playing around with this!

seems to work!

• > I wonder if this will work when creating new objects then calling function in same event. Or, if that doesn't work, adding a wait 0 seconds before calling the function. When I'm home, I'll be playing around with this!

seems to work!

Woot! Thanks for confirming fedca :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)