No audio in Safari on mobile, after locking the phone or minimizing the browser

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • Basically what the subject says - HTML5 game works fine until you lock/unlock iPhone, or minimize/restore Safari. After that there is no sound.

This is not related to the latest C3 update, in fact the game exported from C2 has the same issue.

Has anyone had this problem? Should I report it as a bug?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just realised I have this problem with all my published apps. I'm also certain I did not have this problem a year ago when I was testing my first app. Did you get any feedback on your issue and did you report it as a bug?

• No, I completely forgot about this problem..

• I don’t have such a problem temporarily

• I don’t have such a problem temporarily

Hmm, ok. I had missed this thread said Safari. My apps are not played through Safari. But all 3 of my apps published to the App Store have this problem. But it does not follow the same pattern. Sometimes I have to do the lock screen-->unlock several times before the audio dissapears and sometimes it happens during the first lock-->unlock.

Have you tried locking and unlocking several times to see if it might trigger the issue?

• It's a bug in Safari. Unfortunately Safari updates frequently break things. I filed an issue back in October and someone at Apple has apparently fixed it, but now we have to wait until the next Safari version rolls out.

• It's a bug in Safari. Unfortunately Safari updates frequently break things. I filed an issue back in October and someone at Apple has apparently fixed it, but now we have to wait until the next Safari version rolls out.

Ok, great. Crossing my fingers that it works with the next version of Safari. Thanks for the update Ashley!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)