Apk and Android Studio problem

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
  • Hi, for a few days I couldn't export signed release version apk nor debug apk. For a day I have been able to export but when I start the app I only see a red screen nothing else. If instead I try to export for android studio it tells me:

Configure project :app

An exception occurred while trying to find the Android build tools.

FAILURE: Build completed with 2 failures.

1: Task failed with an exception.

-----------

* Where:

Script 'C:\....................' line: 112

* What went wrong:

A problem occurred evaluating project ':app'.

Unable to determine Android SDK directory.

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

==============================================================================

2: Task failed with an exception.

-----------

* What went wrong:

A problem occurred configuring project ':app'.

compileSdkVersion is not specified. Please add it to build.gradle

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

==============================================================================

* Get more help at help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 1s

How can I solve?

• Hi, I removed android studio, microsoft edge and construct 3 using revo uninstaller. I have reinstalled everything but the problem remains.

I tried a simple project only a "Hello World" text box but it always gives me the same compilation problems both of the apk file and of the android studio project.

I tried to compile the project on different operating systems, Windows 10, Linux and MacOS but always the same problem.

I really don't know how to fix it.

• Hi, it is a version problem, I am using the R255, I have tried to write several projects even with only one text box and I always had the error.

I started the R240 version I created a simple project and the android apk file export works.

unfortunately the problems remain for android studio

• Probably you are missing ANDROID_HOME or ANDROID_SDK_ROOT System Variables.

• - make sure you have Android SDK installed (both 29 &30)

- set the environmental variables (as Sparsha showed above, and verify your own paths)

- verify (in AS) that your gradle setting is: 'gradle-wrapper.properties' file

• good evening, soon I'll check the settings of AS. But what could be the cause when I export the apk file?

• Hi, i had same problem.

First of all i check fredriksthlm answer:

- make sure you have Android SDK installed (both 29 &30)

- set the environmental variables (as Sparsha showed above, and verify your own paths)

- verify (in AS) that your gradle setting is: 'gradle-wrapper.properties' file

and rename gradle.properties to gradle-wrapper.properties

then i found: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19794200/gradle-android-and-the-android-home-sdk-location

I've solved the problem. This works for me:

In

/my_current_project/

I've created a file called local.properties and put inside

sdk.dir=/my_current_path_to/sdk

In the console I need to do

set ANDROID_HOME=/my_current_path_to/sdk

Hope this helps.

and add "local.properties" file with "sdk.dir=/my_current_path_to/sdk"

I have no idea how its works, but "BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 21s"

• Thanks for the help, unfortunately I was unable to get (AS) to work.

I also formatted the hard drive, partitioned and reinstalled the operating system, unfortunately it didn't help.

Only one thing has improved: now analyze apks.

What is strange to me is that the export of construct does not work even after reinstalling the operating system.

• Hello, it is the R255 version that is not working well. Using the R251.2 I have no problem.

I have saved my work as a project folder. I edited the project.c3proj file and replaced the version.

i opened the folder in construct r251.2 and everything works perfectly.

• Sorry for a random question

Why many don't use Construct 3 online APK service to make apps? Few clicks and APK is made

Is there some extra advantage on manually making APK file?

• Sorry for a random question

Why many don't use Construct 3 online APK service to make apps? Few clicks and APK is made

Is there some extra advantage on manually making APK file?

The standard Cordova builds are not compliant with Google quality standards.

For example: native GUIs (like popups) uses deprecated themes. The Back-button doesn't work. The (fallback) icon is created incorrectly. All those things must be amended manually before building the APK.

edit: also for analyses reasons, since it is very easy to investigate logs while running you app in AS.

• > Sorry for a random question

> Why many don't use Construct 3 online APK service to make apps? Few clicks and APK is made

>

> Is there some extra advantage on manually making APK file?

For example: native GUIs (like popups) uses deprecated themes. The Back-button doesn't work. The (fallback) icon is created incorrectly. All those things must be amended manually before building the APK.

edit: also for analyses reasons, since it is very easy to investigate logs while running you app in AS.

Sorry but what is fallback icon?

And is it very tough to do these things? I have never even touched AS

• Sorry but what is fallback icon?

The icon to use when adaptives are not supported (prior to Android 8)

And is it very tough to do these things? I have never even touched AS

if you are not used to code or developer programs then it can be a bit hard yes. But just install it and try it out, it's free. there should be a guide on the cordova webpage how to set it up

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, I finally solved the problem with android studio. I will list the steps if it can help someone.

1) I deleted the .idea folder

2) I deleted the .gradle folder

3) I closed Android Studio

4) I restarted Android Studio

5) I waited for the missing parts to install again

Finally he was giving me no more mistakes.

6) I started the emulator and it was giving me a version buil error.

7) I closed Android Studio again

8) in the / android / sdk folder I deleted the build folder that gave me error (31.0.0-rc5).

9) I started Android Studio again

Finally the emulator was working too

I generated the build bundle and uploaded to Play Console internal App Sharing and tested it for a few days, until now without any problems.

Hope it helps

• > Sorry for a random question

> Why many don't use Construct 3 online APK service to make apps? Few clicks and APK is made

>

> Is there some extra advantage on manually making APK file?

Hi, another doubt

Can't we make back button work using browser plugin?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)