Anyone have any issue with the effects?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • I've created a basic test of colour changing using the tint effect here: jmkit.com/duh/Colourtest

the numbered sprites at the bottom change the white circle at the top to their respective colours, it works and displays just fine for me in all browsers (firefox, safari, chrome) but I have someone who can't see the colour effects at all, and even trying other effects like water ripples, they see nothing, just the base - white circle.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue, it's happening with the latest build and with a game i've uploaded over a year ago - with a guy that has literally just updated to the latest version of chrome.. on the same machine it loads fine on firefox.. any advice would be greatly appreciated

• My wild guess: His GPU is blacklisted in the new Chrome version.

He could try to enable 'Override software rendering list' in chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist

You could also try to put a textbox with 'Text: Set text to Renderer' on your layout. To see if webgl is supported.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the reply, Do you know if there's an easy way to prompt a user to enable software rendering?

If a game is published and some people can't see the effects it can lead to bad reviews / bad experiences etc, and it's quite a lot to explain to a casual player to do..

I'm open to understanding any other reasons It may be happening too

• If a game is published and some people can't see the effects it can lead to bad reviews / bad experiences etc, and it's quite a lot to explain to a casual player to do..

If you publish it as a web game there is not much you can do. You could only do it without effects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)