Anyone having trouble getting NWjs exports to work?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
  • I'm trying to export a project as NWjs, but I'm met with this. My internet is totally working, and I can't find any good leads on this issue.

Any ideas?

Cheers

• No, no problems on 123 here, get full list of versions. Maybe try clearing cache and reloading.

• NetOne Can you give me some instructions on how to do that? I can't figure out how to get NWjs onto C3.

Thanks

• When you export as NW.JS, you get a dialog for NW.JS options.

On top of it, you have a drop down list and a link "Manage versions" under it.

Click the link it opens a list of all available versions.

Right-click on the version you want (likely the first available in the list with the most recent date) and click "Download".

You should have a tab at the bottom left indicating it is downloading.

Make sure to uninstall previous versions already installed in order to make enough disk space for it. (Right click an installed version and "Delete" it).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tinimations Can't export either, it's probably this issue. Just wait a couple of hours until someone from Scirra is available, to restart the servers or open up an issue if you like.

I'd recommend downloading some NW.js releases using the "manage versions" feature (Kyatric posted instructions for it) and you'll be able to export offline and in cases like this, when the servers are down.

• TheRealDannyyy Thanks for the clarification. I had a feeling something of the sorts was up.

Kyatric The problem is that this error pops up the same moment the option menu does, and the menu is forced to shut down. I'm not allowed to access the NWjs menu under these circumstances. Seems like a design flaw with the exporter. :(

Do I just have wait until the servers are back on? How long should I be expected to wait?

Cheers

• Do I just have wait until the servers are back on? How long should I be expected to wait?

Usually less than 30min after a heads up to them but it's currently night at Scirra HQ so it might take a while.

I can export again on my end, maybe try restarting C3. If it keeps happening, screenshot any errors in the browser console (F12) and send them in, on their GitHub issues thread.

• TheRealDannyyy I tried all of that. Didn't work, but the browser error gives me a clue. I violate some security policy apparently.

• When I provided the instructions during the night (for me), servers were working since I did download as I was going through the process.

So I'm not sure what the issue can be.

Try to open the previously mentioned bug report to indicate you are encountering the issue despite other users not having the issue.

• NetOne Can you give me some instructions on how to do that? I can't figure out how to get NWjs onto C3.

Thanks

Ive never had to "get NWjs onto C3" (like we had to on C2) it is always just there ready to go with all versions in the drop down.

I tried a few last night (uk) and didnt have any issues,

are you sure you are not blocking cookies or anything else from Construct.net ???

(right click on the left of the address bar to see, make sure you allow everything from Construct.net)

otherwise sometimes clearing browser cache can solve linking issues , its under the advanced settings in chrome under "Clear Data".

But it may be an issue at Scirra end (maybe they have different servers for different regions) or maybe something your internet security is blocking.

• NetOne I tried everything but it still isn't working. However I did get it to work on the executable version of C3.

• Should be fixed in the day, guys are working on it at the office.

Again an issue with the server apparently.

• Sweet. Thanks a bunch!

• Confirmed fixed!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)