Anyone else having a bug with Mobile In-App Purchases (IAP) on iOS recently?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • The "Complete product registration" action doesn't trigger either "success" or "fail" anymore (since a few weeks).

I submitted a bug report with a minimal project already (2 weeks ago) but didn't have an answer so far about whether they encountered the same problem with my provided minimal project...so I'm asking here in the mean time.

I got an answer, saying it's a known fact for not triggering "fail", but "success" is supposed to work and it worked for me until recently.

I'm really disappointed by this since I bought C3 to try my hand at creating iOS games. If I can't succeed to make IAP work then it's not worth it. The App Store have very low odds of featuring an app that is free and without any working IAP. It's a known fact on the net.

We're supposed to complete product registration before we display the IAP button (a "remove ads" button in my case).

In my last release I decided to show the button even if the registration can't be verified...but then nothing happen when we press the IAP button... :(

I tried using the latest stable AND the latest beta release of C3.

Btw, my IAP status is green (greenlighted/approved) in App Store Connect.

Do any of you have this problem with a recently submitted app? In the last 2 weeks...?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance...I'm banging my heads on walls over this...

• I used to make a quite a bit of money from IAP:s in my games. I checked my reports a few days ago and I had made nothing from my IAPs in several weeks and I had a ton of crash reports regarding the IAP plugin. Not sure whats going on but if there is an issue it has to be solved asap!

It works for me when I testing. I need to investigate this tomorrow.

Edit: Maybe it's just a coincidence that I got these crash reports and much less IAP revenue but it's interesting many people seem to have a problem with the IAP plugin at the same time.

Edit2: Nepeo Do you know of any changes made to the IAP plugin in the recent weeks? Does this https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3513 prohibit people from buying our in app products? This needs to work (like it did before) cause when you run ad campaigns you count on IAPs to work to make a profit!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, for info Nepeo it seems my problem was "On store registration" does not trigger when we have just one IAP (a "Remove ads" one in my case) and the player already bought it...

It's not clear at all for me from the manual.

The "On store registration" trigger ONLY if the IAP was not bought by the player, else only "purchase success" events will trigger, but not "store registration success".

Not sure at all it was intended since the manual says:

"On Registration Success

Triggers when registration has been completed (after the Complete registration action). This is a good time to check if a product is owned. You should wait for this trigger before attempting any purchases."

...but we can't check if the product is owned after store registration since it's not triggered, if we have a single "non-consumable" IAP.

I'm banging my head over this for more than 2 weeks and stopped all work on my next game... :/ ...and I know that you guys are now in holidays so...I'll wait, hoping for an answer this time later on.

• I used to make a quite a bit of money from IAP:s in my games. I checked my reports a few days ago and I had made nothing from my IAPs in several weeks and I had a ton of crash reports regarding the IAP plugin. Not sure whats going on but if there is an issue it has to be solved asap!

It works for me when I testing. I need to investigate this tomorrow.

Edit: Maybe it's just a coincidence that I got these crash reports and much less IAP revenue but it's interesting many people seem to have a problem with the IAP plugin at the same time.

boulerzzz

Do you have more than one IAP in your game with this problem?

And did you use the "construct 3" engine? Can I try your game? :)

If you can try mine and say me if the text "Ad-free version - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!" is displaying in the top-left corner when starting a game I'll be more than grateful.

Since now that I understood the fact that the "store registration success" don't trigger when the IAP is already bought and I sent an update of the game with this in mind, someone is reporting me that now the game says to him "Ad-free version" even if he didn't buy the "remove ads" IAP.

So if it's true now my game is "ad-free" for everyone...wich means that my app will not make me gain money from ads anymore... ...wich really make my very-first app launch really bad so far...the IAP plugin is giving me problems since the first day.

If you can take the time, here is the link to my game on the App Store:

apps.apple.com/ca/app/addiction/id1481409098

Thanks.

• DavidA13 Sorry for my late response. Maybe you updated the game recently but I saw a button at the bottom left corner that said "NO ADS" but was unable to use it. Your game is really nice and it is a good idea! :)

I ended up using Chadoris IAP plugin (uses github.com/budiselic/cordova-plugin-inapppurchase-fixed) and it works but it also causes alot of crashes and warnings in my android vitals. Nepeo any ETA on forking the fix from github.com/j3k0/cordova-plugin-purchase/releases they fixed the lambda$queryPurchases$1$PurchasePlugin errors in v.10.0?

• boulerzzz I was looking at it before xmas, but we were basically on code freeze for the last week so as not to cause any drama while people were away. I'll take a look today and update this thread when it's sorted.

• Nepeo awesome. I know you guys had/have winter holidays now but it's super nice to hear it's being looked at!

I have an update ready for a game so I can test when you have looked at the issue, and report back if the crash reports disappear.

• boulerzzz I've merged the changes over and published a new revision. Initial tests seem okay, but I hadn't replicated this specific bug myself. Let me know how you get on.

• Nepeo I can now confirm 100% the lambda$queryPurchases$1$PurchasePlugin errors are fixed. Thanks!

• That's great news, thanks for confirming boulerzzz

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)