Alt + Shift on input fields (Mac-only?)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hi everyone!

I decided to get back to get back Construct after a couple of years without messing around with the tool.

One of the reasons why I stopped using it was because I moved to Apple computers, during C2 days, and that added an extra challenge to the whole game-making endeavours.

Well, I had a new idea for a game, and I decided it was time to jump back and prototype it!

I got the C3 license and everything has been a breeze apart from one thing:

When writing on input fields, I can use the ALT + <left/right> to navigate the cursor work by word.

I can't, however, use the ALT + SHIFT + <left/right> to select the word as I move around.

This breaks my flow, because then it requires me to either a) move my hands away from keyboard to use the mouse or b) use SHIFT + <left/right> to get the selection character by character.

This kind of breaks how every single other input field works out there.

Anyone else experiencing it?

Is there a reason why this happens? If not, can it be fixed?

Thanks!

• No one? :(

• Construct maps Alt + Shift + Left/right to the next/back keyboard shortcuts, which prevents them performing their default action. However it's easy to make sure these shortcuts don't have effect while typing, so I made that change for the next release.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You never cease to amaze me, dude!

Thanks for the great work as always! ;)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)