Ajax weird behavior with multiple layouts.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • Hello, I have a strange behavior / not sure if it's a bug :)

So I first create a single layout with an array. Array is fed from the Json file (since I have a paid account). When I run the layout, it works perfectly.

I wanted to use a "replay" button to start the layout, that does'nt work, everything stays there. So I create an intro layout with some animations that when if finishes, goes to my main layout.

Now when I play the debugger, on start of layout the Ajax module request my file (.json)

but skips the "on array file completed" - Load from Json string Ajax.laststring.

Why would it skip this step?

thx!

Marc

Tagged:

• Check for typos, and that your layouts are linked to the correct event sheets.

• If that is the case, then when I play my layout seperately, I would have the same issue, which is not the case.

If I play the layer with the AJAX code, it works fine.

• Can't verify without seeing.

If it's reproducible, file a bug according to the guidelines.

• how do I share my file.. (just don't want to share it at large, since it's for an ongoing project)

thx!

• Make a minimal project with only the problem you are having, other people don't want your whole project either.

If you can't recreate the problem in a minimal project, you probably just had a mistake in your main project. A lot of times you can find the problem just by taking away everything else.

You can upload to Dropbox or Google drive or something similar to share.

• OK.. will try that.

thx!

Marc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So, I found a solution. Instead of using "on start of layout" I changed it to "on loader complete" ...

I guess it was trying to read the file before finishing loading.

Anyways, I posted another issue on the export.. but that's another thread lol :)

thx!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)