Admob configuration error

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • I am using the MobileAdvert in my app. I have the Test mode on and using my own AdverIDs, not the Google test ones.

My problem is I am having a crash, not consistently but infrequently (maybe 1 in 5 times) before or after the Ad is played. I have tried deleting MobleAdvert and I couldn't get it to crash again.

However, despite the ads playing, I am noticing on the 'configuration failed' event I am getting the error 'invalid response from server: Failed to read publishers account configuration; try again later'. I only wish Google provided better error feedback!

I have setup the app in Google AdMob and am confident I have the Android Application ID, Publisher ID, and Advert IDs for rewards and interstitial all in the right place and correct.

So my question is, if the app is not yet published or in test mode could this cause the configuration problem? can this cause a crash?

The other thing I want to rule out is a memory issue when the ad is starting/finishing before changing to another layout. Is there a way to check this, usb debugging doesn't seem to give this type of feedback?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I believe that error message is from UMP and not for Admob actually, verify your messages and setup in Funding choices/Privacy messages. You need to have this activated for your app.

Also note that Publisher ID is not for Admob, it is for Google Adsense/ web ads.

• Thanks fredriksthlm,

The error was produced from MobileAdvert.ErrorMessage but yes it was do with the UMP. I have now set that up and MobileAdvert configuration is all returning as ok. I will test my app some more to see if the crash has now ceased.....

Publisher ID for AdSense noted. Got confused since since Publisher ID is also accessible in Admob via settings.

With my second part of the question am I able to see the CPU/GPU and memory use through the USB debugger (when running on android) or other way?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)