Added to deskop "version" still showing r89

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Customize the animation of character when item changed
  • Scirra

As above just FYI my added to desktop "version" still says r89 even after getting update message and re-launching multiple times.

It looks like the added to desktop version links to a cached version that cant be updated and you need to delete the shortcut and re add to desktop fresh from web version.

on the other hand it seems to be a good way to keep multiple versions of C3 on the same pc if one desires.

• That's the nature of cache indeed.

I had a similar issue where I was noticed each time I launched C3 that a beta was available and it was loading.

On the other hand, from the moment a new stable was available, it did update and "overwrote" it.

Here is the bug report from it : https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1386

As Ashley already mentioned this is not really something they can act upon though.

Perhaps you should check your Chrome browser settings to see if you haven't set something in your configuration that won't allow to overwrite your cache.

Possibly you can opt-in "Beta releases" in Construct's settings as well to see if it changes something.

• "Add to desktop" does not use a separate cache. It shows exactly the same thing you see in the Chrome browser. It is essentially a shortcut to a bookmark, with parts of the Chrome UI hidden (e.g. no address bar). I would guess you just got confused by the update process, which requires an extra reload.

• "Add to desktop" does not use a separate cache. It shows exactly the same thing you see in the Chrome browser. It is essentially a shortcut to a bookmark, with parts of the Chrome UI hidden (e.g. no address bar). I would guess you just got confused by the update process, which requires an extra reload.

HI Ashley, yes that is what I thought. But I have two shortcuts on my desktop.

They both open the same Chrome in the same Chrome location.

But one shortcut (Construct 3) opens r89 and the other (Construct 3(1)) opens r94.2 (according to the about pages)

it is possible I have some odd settings but my Chrome is a fresh install and I dont recall changing anything.

update: I checked the properties of each shortcut. I cant copy here as it is in my personal laptop which is off line. But the targets suggest they are pointing to different "apps"

• You have probably bookmarked different URLs. You can't see the address bar in home screen apps so it can be hard to tell if you did that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have probably bookmarked different URLs. You can't see the address bar in home screen apps so it can be hard to tell if you did that.

Man Im sorry I cant show you I will type out using made up letters -

It is like they are linking to different "apps" within Chrome

the target information is slightly, different the long string at the end of the target has different letters.

under properties of the shortcuts

For one shortcut Construct 3

Target Type: Application

Target Location: Application

Target: C:\Users\NetOne\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --profile-directory=Default --app-id=mhnjmiaekonmoeajlbabiidfpohkaelb

Start In: C:\Users\NetOne\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application

Comment: Launch Construct 3 r89. Make games with......

For the other (Construct 3 (1))

Target Type: Application

Target Location: Application

Target: C:\Users\NetOne\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --profile-directory=Default --app-id=uiytutyuihiderhvkkjvfsarytyvjhvkvfxfgfxxxfg

Start In: C:\Users\NetOne\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application

Comment: Launch Construct 3 r94.2. Make games with......

• Yes, each shortcut has its own ID. But they still launch a URL like it does in the Chrome browser, and use the same storage as the Chrome browser.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)