How to actually enter the array editor?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Every Fall, I teach a game design course using Construct 3. Since I don't teach that course in the Spring, it's always a pleasant surprise to return to the world of Construct after a seven month absence. There are so many awesome new features (e.g. timelines, the moveTo behavior, and the integration of JavaScript)and I cannot wait to check them out.

I'm trying to find a decent tutorial or forum post which explains how to use the Array Editor in Construct 3. Unfortunately, most of the resources I have found so far are using old versions of Construct before the array editor was introduced.

I had some luck with the array editor last year, but it's not behaving quite as I remember it. I am able to create a new array, but have not been able to edit the array contents.

In previous years, I remember right-clicking on the array and selecting an option that spawned an array editor. It looked a bit like a spreadsheet, and this was a convenient interface that students already understood from Microsoft Excel. It looked like this:

s1.construct.net/images/v717/uploads/articleuploadobject/0/images/1064/array-editor.png

In the new version, I cannot figure out how to bring up the array so I can populate it. I've definitely added the Array object to the project, and I've added a new array in the project window. However, the editor is not an option. There is also a new option which allows me to manipulate array instance variables. That option sounds cool, but I don't think it's what I need.

What am I missing? How do I fire up the array editor so I can populate contents via that interface?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • right click the files-folder and press New->Array. then open the json file, the array editor shows up!

then load the json to your array in your event sheet.

that's at least how I did it :)

• Thank you! This works! :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)