Accelerometer and/or gyroscope

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi. I recently tought about making some game with Construct.

I wanted to make some kind of race or anything which you could spend all your day playing it.

Usually, race games give you the option to either use on-screen controls, either tilt your screen.

But there is no gyroscope object. It would also be fun to have some games that when you suddenly move your phone forward or any direction would do some kind of action.

So it would be great to have such thing in Construct, to give you even more control over the game. Can there be a plugin or something dirrectly integrated into Construct that could bring those features?

• Hi. I recently tought about making some game with Construct.

I wanted to make some kind of race or anything which you could spend all your day playing it.

Usually, race games give you the option to either use on-screen controls, either tilt your screen.

But there is no gyroscope object. It would also be fun to have some games that when you suddenly move your phone forward or any direction would do some kind of action.

So it would be great to have such thing in Construct, to give you even more control over the game. Can there be a plugin or something dirrectly integrated into Construct that could bring those features?

The functions exist in the Touch-plugin. Compare orientation.

You specify the axis.

I made a game where you controlled a speceship with the phones gyroscope. Worked fine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh I didn't knew that.

But you still cant use the accelerometer, which could be used in racing games, where if you suddenly push your phone, it could make you accelerate, or if you pull your phone towards you, it would make you brake. Maybe this isn't a very good idea, but what I want to say is that the accelerometer could have some purpose.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)