3d object requests

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • My main wish would be to set the origin face/frame to the top rather than the bottom.

Its easier to try to match the collisions for other things that are on that z.

Another suggestion would be repeating texture offsets. Think limited skybox.

• Yeah repeating textures, like how we have the tiledBG, could be useful for things like the ground etc.

• +1 for repeating texture offsets

• I should probably add that repeating textures also mean non stretching textures.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Transparency in 3D is extremely complicated. To get correct 3D rendering, you have to use a depth buffer, and depth buffers assume everything is opaque.

It should work providing everything is drawn in back-to-front order, so adjusting Z order may make a difference in some cases. But this is a fundamental limitation of 3D rendering. This kind of thing is really just the tip of the iceberg of the incredible complexity that you get in to if you want to make a real 3D engine, which I'm keen not to go in to - the design of 3D shape is aimed at basically a 2D shape with depth, or "2.5D" as some people call it.

• Hello all;

As long as we are talking about 3D adding to a game -- I hope this 2.5D interlude doesn't detract from continuing to build a very strong 2d only engine. Anybody serious about 3d is going to go elsewhere. You are better off doing your part of the game 2D market extremely well than a little 3d halfway.

Still, I like to see 2.5D shapes as a minor distraction same as the next fella.

yours

winkr7

• To be honest I'd rather see a comprehensive and solid Mode7 implementation than this minor 3d stuff.

• Or innovate underused features rather than using the same tired ones.

Think Don't Starve, rather than Mario Cart.

Next Penelope, rather than Minecraft.

• I know Ashley is worried about going too far with 3D features, but there's still some additional 3D features that would fit this kind of engine (e.g. the repeating textures, spinning an object, or tilting the perspective/camera).

You could almost do a mode7 type effect now with the 3d shape object?

• What's on the top of my wishlist is being able to move the "middle point" of the effect (center of the screen now), or even better a option to shift the entire z-elevation/height effect in x/y. I have no idea if this would be a simple addition (it would still be fake 3D at least) or if there's a lot more to it.

A very sloppy example of what I mean, please don't look too close at the code:

filebin.net/y31xols2hhehkoih

• Maybe these features should also be requested here officially?

construct3.ideas.aha.io

• There's a 3d section there already. Its hard to tell how far They will go down the 3d rabbit hole so I'll refrain. Feel free if you're skippy.

• I can agree that the ability to reposition the vanishing point would be quite a nice property to have, that doesn't seem like it would be difficult to implement afaik. If not a user designated vanishing point by coordinate, which could cause some issues if not careful, perhaps one where you can chose viewport corner/edge/center would be simpler and safer to use.

• Adding my name to the list for "repositionable vanishing point" It's literally the only thing preventing me from using this object at a professional level

• Would like if mesh distortion would work with 3D.

Tiled Texture and Vanishing point are great features as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)