240x135 retro game resolution?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
75 arcade sound effects. A mix of classic arcade sounds; explosions, bleeps, buttons, some great bonus sounds etc.
  • I want to make a retro styles game on Android.

Will this resolution be enough for this kind of art style?

Or should I go with something a bit higher like 320x180?

Any thoughts?

• hi, I suggest you not to go under 320*180 for retro game resolution.

I had tried in the past a resolution like the one you're talking about, and at that resolution even the behaviors are difficult to calibrate and work bad.

• hi, I suggest you not to go under 320*180 for retro game resolution.

I had tried in the past a resolution like the one you're talking about, and at that resolution even the behaviors are difficult to calibrate and work bad.

Alright, excellent.

What about slightly higher resolutions like 480x270?

My game will be a "menu rpg" with pixel art. There won't be much (if any) physics in the game.

• > hi, I suggest you not to go under 320*180 for retro game resolution.

> I had tried in the past a resolution like the one you're talking about, and at that resolution even the behaviors are difficult to calibrate and work bad.

>

Alright, excellent.

What about slightly higher resolutions like 480x270?

My game will be a "menu rpg" with pixel art. There won't be much (if any) physics in the game.

480*270 is good, its a true 16:9 resolution. Dont forget to set pixel rounding ON and fullscreen scaling INTEGER into project properties.

in a display of 1920x1080 your 480x270 game was showned pixel perfect fullscreen at 4X

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there a way to change resolution based on aspect ratio, since new phones have altering aspect ratios.

For example

layout is slightly bigger than camera view

and constraining width and hight of camera to width/height of phone screen

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)