First, I have to warn you, Iâ€™m not very comfortable in English, Iâ€™m a French Student in Cognitive Psychology/Ergonomy Master course. I have to work on a project to validate my first year of master degree.
My work is about Â« non-permanent elements of HUDs in 2D video gamesÂ».
Basically this is what I am going to investigate :
- Player expertise vs performance â€“ Player expertise vs situation awareness
- Proximity compatibility principle vs performance - Proximity compatibility principle vs situation awareness
- S.E.E.V model vs performance â€“ S.E.E.V vs situation awareness
After some research, I decided to work on the Â« auto-run Â» from the construct 2 library with QTE sequence from indiemag.fr /articles/atelier-crea-coder-qte-simple-construct-2. (Because I'm a new member I can't put a link)
The runner is the Â« sustained attentionnal task Â» which will be the Â« classic environement Â». And the QTE element, would be the non permanent element I will work on. But I need to be able to change the location of the element and itâ€™s nature (composition).
The problems are :
- I never worked on softwares, I donâ€™t have enough time to learn how to use it, and time fliesâ€¦
- I need to Â« blend Â» the auto-runner with the QTE I found. But in addition, I need to change things like instead of a Â« touch Â» to validate the QTE, press a key.
- And maybe more things, depanding on how hard you find it to realise.
My main request is:
- How to "blend" the auto-runner from the construct 2 library with the QTE ? (In order to have a decent working sequence)
Maybe Itâ€™s not quite appropriate to ask for something like that, but I donâ€™t know where to ask, how I could do to have my Â« experimental conditions Â». The only thing I can offer is to put your name on the second page of my report. In France this work is called a Â« mÃ©moire de recherche Â», sometimes it is published in scientific reviews, it depends on the relevance, and I think it could be a great thing for anybody to take part to something like that.
Thank you verymuch.
Student â€“ Master Degree 1 - ECIT-FH Toulouse Jean JaurÃ¨s