Exporting C3 game as SCORM content/importing into LMS

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • I've just recently begun using Construct and like what I see so far. I can't get too deep, though, or bother purchasing unless it's exportable as SCORM content usable with my LMS (currently, Tovuti).

I saw that there is a plugin to enable this (https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/86/c3-scorm-plugin), and I've added the plugin to the Addon Manager in the free version of Construct 3 that I'm currently using. However, this seems to do nothing when I export the file as HTML5; when I try to upload the resulting ZIP file, Tovuti still comes back telling me that it's missing the manifest - so I'm inclined to believe that the plugin doesn't work (though as I've said, I'm new to Construct, so I'm totally willing to admit I've overlooked something).

I've followed the directions on this page: github.com/Kinsamadesu/c2-scorm-plugin/wiki/1---Connect-to-the-LMS-and-check-for-errors

...but they seem somewhat nondescript. Still, when I export it as HTML5 content ZIP file, then try to upload that file, Tovuti gives me the error, "Your eLearning Package is Missing the Manifest File or is an Unsupported Version".

I inspected the ZIP file, and there *is* a Manifest file there, but it's in *.json format. I'm not certain what format it needs to be in (*.xml?), nor do I know how to generate one manually somehow.

Is there anything else I need to do to make this addon work, or anything else I could try?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The github page you shared includes an example manifest file that you can download and import into your project.

github.com/Kinsamadesu/c2-scorm-plugin/wiki/5-Export-the-game

• As a project manager, you could just use a cloud file hosting service, like Dropbox (I use Git), and have Tovuti use your SCORM model. Using SCORM with Construct 3 isn't exactly a good idea.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)