C3 to make interactive learning or online labs..?

1 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A complete set of tiny sprites and tiles for your retro platformer game.
  • Hi there,

Seems many use Construct to teach programming skills... But does anyone else build items to use in your teaching?

I have been building interactive reviews, labs and activities that my students use as part of my instruction.

Hoping to find other teachers that use it for developing teaching tools so we can collaborate and swap ideas :)

Thanks for reading.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello there!

I too am looking into using Construct 3 for educational purposes, thought in my case it's as a training tool and teaching aide for learning how to operate factory assembly machines rather than schoolwork.

My idea, -that I expect to pitch to management soon, is a sort of simulation program for the machines in my department.

I'll have to be sparse on details due to my company's NDA, but to describe it in broad strokes the machines will take raw materials from one end and assemble them into something else in the other end.

It'll be one part exploration map where you can navigate and examine all stations of the machine, all the functions and different parts with a glossary of terms and acronyms and descriptions.

The second part will be a 'tutorial' mode, where it will give in-depth instructions and a walk-through of the different processes. Complete with course exams, tests and sticky notes.

The final part is the simulation program proper, where it will mimic the real machine's functions when running, and cause errors and artificial alarms that the trainee is meant to resolve. You'll play the role as Operator, and have to move between stations and access different terminals and open doors and replace material as needed.

It's meant to be a fun and interactive way to introduce prospective operators to the machine.

As someone who's got a bit of experience in educational video games, do you have any tips for a newbie in this field of game development?

I used to run the RPG Maker series back in the day, when Ruby was still a thing, and even got a small crew together for making a RPGs, but it didn't quite pan out back then...

I love teaching and training people, and I love video games, but I can't say I've ever tried combining them before.

• Hi there,

I think much of what you are describing will be pretty easy to create.

Many of my interactives/simulations involve matching items, showing definitions, etc...

A tour of a facility or layout with Hot Spots would be super easy...

Tutorial-wise would also be pretty easy in terms of step by step processes and checks for completing a task, etc...

My main difficulty is design and graphics.... Getting things to look good and real.

Are you new to C3 or have experience already?

• Can you share some of the activities you have made.

• I use C3 for exactly this purpose. You can see my stuff at whscience.org

• What!!

That is great!

I will look over your stuff.....

Thanks for replying

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)