I've been dicking around way too much in my life and now it's time for me to start making games - what I've always actually wanted to do.
Astro Cab is a project that I've been working on for a little over a month. It's basically the furthest I've ever got in developing my own game, and started as a project that I knew I could do entirely on my own as a means to learn Construct 2. It's inspired by
It's still very much in development; I've just finished getting all the (very) basics done and I'm at a point now where I can generate new levels very quickly.
<img src="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14522925/Astro-Cab.jpg" border="0">
I aim to complete this game and launch on iOS, Android, PC, Mac and Linux, and maybe in-browser too if I can figure out a proper way to handle transcactions. At this stage, I think I'll attempt to sell it, probably for a dollar or two. Not necessarily to make money, but to make a game that people are willing to pay for. It's a small difference in some people's eyes, but it's one that matters to me.
Current build can be played in your browser here [1.5MB; Chrome or FF is recommended]. It includes most of the core systems: briefing screen, vehicle selection and upgrades, two stages and a score screen. All visuals are still very rough at this stage.
Very brief gameplay overview:
- Cursor keys to control your ship. Space to boost.
- Your goal is to pick up passengers indicated by the glowing green orbs, then drop them off at the red glowing orbs.
- You need to hover near the pickup/dropoff for two seconds to complete the teleportation process. Breaking teleportation resets it.
- Missing too many pickups or dropoffs during a level ends it.
- Try not to smash into things.
Input, feedback, bug reports - all are welcome!