<img src="http://images2.cdn.gamejolt.com/imgserver/game-header/950/14447_1.jpg" border="0">
Hi there guys! Some time after meeting this amazing software that C2 is, I'm here to show you a demo of my first game, Tinysaur.
<img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/shinobi_br/ss3_zps4f1af0d7.png" border="0">
<img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/shinobi_br/ss1_zps655051dd.png" border="0">
The player must guide Tiny, the little dinossaur through the wilderness, in order to rescue all it's missing eggs and taking them back to it's nest.
<font size="5"><font color="green">Play Tinysaur World 1 Demo!</font></font>
Tinysaur, World 1 Demo
<font size="5"><font color="green">Play Tinysaur World 2 Demo!</font></font>
Tinysaur, World 2 Demo
<font size="5"><font color="green">Controls:</font></font>
Arrow Right/Left: Moves Tiny
Arrow Up/Z key: Jump
X key: Spit Fireball (after getting an Flamy Fruit)
Hold Z/Up Arrow: Fly (after getting a Windy Fruit)
<font size="5"><font color="green">Development Notes:</font></font>
- I decided to give more importance to the level design first than the graphics (Altough I started with the graphic prior to the level design). So the game is pretty ugly at the moment. Tiny's sprite is pretty much the final thing, only needing some animations.
- The enemies for now are placeholders. Need to think about some "dinosauristic" design for them based on their behavior.
- There are still some non-artistic/sound stuff to implement. A better way to show the eggs being retrieved to the nest, a game over/death animation/screen, a game start animation/screen...details that makes a game more enjoyable to play.
I count on your thoughts and feedback. I want to make this first game as fun as possible.
Thanks! I really hope all of you enjoy it!
<font color="green">Update 03/18/2013</font>
- Revised the enemy behaviors, Now I hope they won't get stucked again!
- Adjusted Tiny's speed a bit, keep me informed if you guys think that is still weird.
- Now every stage is with the tileset applied. Still have some background details to implement, but the foreground is pretty much finished.
<font color="green">Update 04/19/2013</font>
- Added a stage select screen
- Replaced the enemies graphic for the final ones
- Added the "Flamy Fruit" powerup (Press "X" to use it)
- Created new background tiles for the cave stage.
- Created new background tiles, like hills and mountains sillhouettes (since I suck at art and can't draw something cooler). But in a second thought it's good to be simple to not let the visuals too cluttered.
- Now the game is hosted at Google Drive. Let's see if it is better than Dropbox.
<font color="green">Update 05/08/2013</font>
- Added music and sound effects
- Improved the feedback of the enemies being burned, now there is an explosion animation and a proper stun frame
- Improved the stage clear feedback
- Added Pause and Mute options
- Now Tiny gets an orange color when it eats a "Flamy Fruit"
- Some bug fixes (And some more to fix)
- The main core of the game now it's almost done, (Except for the bugs, <img src="smileys/smiley36.gif" border="0" align="middle"> )
- Hosted a version on Gamejolt. If you like, please rate it =)
<font color="green">Update 09/03/2013</font>
<img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/shinobi_br/w2_ss3_zps04938588.png" border="0">
<img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/shinobi_br/w2_ss2_zpsb9cd5801.png" border="0">
<img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/shinobi_br/w2_ss3_zps1403d034.png" border="0">
- Removed temporaryly the Gamejolt version
- Finishing the assets and programming from World 2.
- Thinking about how many Worlds and Levels I am really capable of doing in a reasonable amount of time (Until early 2014)
- Working on World 3 concepts (hazards and some level design ideas)