Super Mario Clone -Platformer HTML5 & Android

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
It is a powerful and complete package containing a total of 20 enemy AI mechanics.
  • Hi,

I've created a little platformer game with 24 level. Gameplay is like the super mario games but I'm using Kenny's great graphics for it. Just tell me what you think about it

• Skin chooser with diffrent player skills (Jumpstrength & Health)
    • 24 Levels with a lot of features
    • Google Play Game Leaderboard and Achievements
    • Double Jump for player
    • Awesome checkpoint system!
    • 2 sorts of special boxes (spawing coins and stars)
    • 2 sorts of enemies
    • Springboard
    • On-Screen controls
    • Optimized Save & Load mechanism with JSON
    • Share to Facebook function with level end message
    • Best scores!
    • and many more!

Download and Live Preview (HTML5)

Android: Google Play Store / apk file (leaderboard only works with the Store version)

HTML5: Live Preview

Gameplay

On mobile device

Use the control pad buttons (left & right) to move Use A to shoot Use B or Up on the control cross to jump (Press again to perform double jump) Use B infront of a switch to toggle the off Laser

On Computer

Use Arrow keys left & right to move Use Arrow Up key or Space to jump (Press again to perform double jump) Use Space infront of a switch to toggle off the Laser

Screenshots

Note: Game isn't finished to 100%. A few things are still missing (logo etc.)

• Awesome, very nice . Congrats.

• Awesome, very nice . Congrats.

Thank you very much

• It's very, very beautiful ! it is 100% free? Would you be interested in adding it to my game site?

• It's very, very beautiful ! it is 100% free? Would you be interested in adding it to my game site?

Hi,

Thanks for your comment

Super Mario Clone

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • it's not free, damage ... keep making games like this and you will have a happy future) good luck

• Thank you

• Just tried it on my tablet, my thoughs:

The html5 demo is inside a really small rectangle, if it took the entire browser view and so the touch controls were not easy to use, it might help with at least having a fullscreen button, or just having the game using the full window by default (letterbox integer scaling is used?)

I know there is an apk version, but the demo being lighter without the wrapper, some people may prefer playing the demo inside their browser rather than downloading the package.

The apk uses cocoonJS (spotted it when I saw all the needed permissions, I think there are ways to reduce them, but I am not a cocoonJS expert), and so with my samsung device, my user experience will be affected, in brief, that is what I saw:

The fireballs are kind of hard to hit ennemies with, as they are small, but maybe with more experience during gameplay I will improve.

The advertisement at the beginning of the game is working, however, there was no background on the title screen in the apk version (it was dark grey it seems)

The collisions between the character and the blocks can be weird at times (I suggest having a platform rectangular sprite, with the animations of the character pinned on it, since the platform behavior works best with that)

The framerate of the game was not that great on the apk version, but the web version was smooth inside chrome for android (this is where the fact I am using a galaxy tab 3 10.1" may play a role, as I heard that cocoonJS had issues with them)

In the second level, you can be killed by the ennemy near the exit when the level is finished.

I saw little seams on the ground, and, on the web version this time, It seems I could not shoot anymore after getting the crate with spikes

Apart from those issues, the game is nice, and the issues are actually pretty basics so you should be able to overcome them.

• Thanks for your feedback. I try to work this out with the next update. I want to get rid of the cocoonJS plugin, cause there are so many bugs. But Crosswalk isn't an alternative at the moment, because the framerate is even worse.

With exporter do you use for your mobile versions?

• Thanks for your feedback. I try to work this out with the next update. I want to get rid of the cocoonJS plugin, cause there are so many bugs. But Crosswalk isn't an alternative at the moment, because the framerate is even worse.

With exporter do you use for your mobile versions?

I do not use any exporter at the moment (nor I really do any project at this moment because of personnal life), I stick with html5 itself, but since that does not help with the play store, it is not a solution.

Crosswalk would be my way to go otherwise due to the fact it is more C2 friendly, but in your case that could mean redoing the game, or part of it (I wonder how you designed it, maybe there are some parts that can be optimised, I saw you game was using physics too, I wonder if that played a role in the framerate issue you are mentionning.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)