Sirinite (3D game)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • https://pixelrebirth.itch.io/sirinite

Entry for the 7DFPS game jam 2022 on itch.io.

Sirinite is a first person game with puzzle and action elements which some would probably call experimental. Playing out in a partly procedurally generated environment it's the player's objective to figure out what's going on and how to proceed.

The project was created in Construct 2 with a custom Babylon.js powered plugin providing the third dimension.

I probably shouldn't have done it this way, but I really wanted to for some reason. Unfortunately there were some problems with uploading the game, so far there's only a poor performing NWjs version available. You can check out the devlog on itch for more context.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks cool, the art has quite some polish to it. Runs a bit slow on my machine but it was playable. Got as far as finding a horse creature that I tried killing with fire but had no success. I'm not much of a gamer but it was fun.

How you made the ground texture was interesting. I should mess with blender nodes more. I've seen other tools such as zgameeditor allow you to generate textures in a similar way in the editor.

I also enjoyed reading your devlog. Gamejam devlogs are always interesting. I should have a go at a gamejam eventually.

-cheers

• Looks cool, the art has quite some polish to it. Runs a bit slow on my machine but it was playable. Got as far as finding a horse creature that I tried killing with fire but had no success. I'm not much of a gamer but it was fun.

Glad that you somewhat enjoyed it, thanks for checking the game out!

How you made the ground texture was interesting. I should mess with blender nodes more. I've seen other tools such as zgameeditor allow you to generate textures in a similar way in the editor.

Blender is so versatile it's shocking. Also why it feels overwhelming to me quite often. Most of my node work was just copying and adapting stuff I found online.

I also enjoyed reading your devlog. Gamejam devlogs are always interesting. I should have a go at a gamejam eventually.

-cheers

I sure hope you do! I always vow to never participate in another jam(and it had been years indeed), since it's always surprisingly stressful anew to put something together in a short amount of time. In the end it feels rewarding no doubt.

• Interesting concept. Simple but has intriguing atmosphere. Could be developed further.

R0J0hound PixelRebirth What specs do you guys have? Curious to know. On my current machine it was running spot even on power saver. I bet it would run spot on on my old i78750h laptop too.

• Interesting concept. Simple but has intriguing atmosphere. Could be developed further.

R0J0hound PixelRebirth What specs do you guys have? Curious to know. On my current machine it was running spot even on power saver. I bet it would run spot on on my old i78750h laptop too.

Missed your post unfortunately. Sirinite wouldn't perform well on any hardware configuration pretty much since I did a poor job with certain aspects of the plugin.

Should probably adjust and export it anew as there has been some decent progress made since then and stuff created with Baby 3D generally can perform quite a bit better now.

Thanks for checking out the game!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)