How to make an RPG Dialog Text Box

• After searching the forums for a nice, clean example, I couldn't find one that is any good. Most of the ones I found use basic text functions, and the text doesn't "flow" letter by letter nicely.

...SO...

I decided to make a cool RPG dialog box with writing text!! Its very similar to the golden era Final Fantasy games on NES & SNES, etc.

Here is the example you can play in your browser:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77241789/RPG%20Dialog%20Example/index.html

And here is the .capx to download and learn from!!

http://www.filedropper.com/dialogexample

If you have any questions, please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP!

• I was just thinking about how to do this the other day. Good job, and thanks for sharing!

• Nice work!

• I've submitted an entry in the store a few months ago with a "template" to create rich dialogues of this style.

Check it out !

It ain't free though...

• Wow that one is pretty awesome, and they figured out one problem I couldn't figure out which is if you press space over and over the text will restart (I think I just need a variable though)

• link broken! can anybody pass it? or another tutorial pls :c

& thank you!

• After searching the forums for a nice, clean example, I couldn't find one that is any good. Most of the ones I found use basic text functions, and the text doesn't "flow" letter by letter nicely.

...SO...

I decided to make a cool RPG dialog box with writing text!! Its very similar to the golden era Final Fantasy games on NES & SNES, etc.

Here is the example you can play in your browser:And here is the .capx to download and learn from!! If you have any questions, please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Hello, this is exactly what I needed, it's for a video, I have no idea how to program. Can anyone upload this? hopefully OP himself sees it and reuploads the link.

• cloudstrife777 Hi, I don't have the file any more, sorry. But its pretty much just a typewriter effect over a blue box, so this should help you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6ihbdyp503c5ej/typewriter.capx?dl=0

I think I had it on space pressed to go to the next text ONLY if the current text was complete.

• cloudstrife777 Hi, I don't have the file any more, sorry. But its pretty much just a typewriter effect over a blue box, so this should help you:I think I had it on space pressed to go to the next text ONLY if the current text was complete.

GTGJon Hi, could you add the blue layout and white font? It should you take like 3 seconds and i will spend days trying to figure out how this works. Like I said I only want this for a video, I have no idea how to program or use this thing.

• A really great idea! It will be very useful for me. Thank you so much for share!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I love this. Works well when using an other text box to reference. Though I cannot get this to work with my array.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)