Project Metroidvania

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • This is great! I have started working on a similar Metroidvania-style project but I can't get the changes back and forth between layouts to work. What is the best way to do that?

• Great stuff! Loving the animations. I'm also getting that issue where movement locks up until I jump, but only after dashing. Running Firefox 12.0

This is great! I have started working on a similar Metroidvania-style project but I can't get the changes back and forth between layouts to work. What is the best way to do that?

I managed it with my own project by having whatever triggers the layout transition also set a global variable that tracks where I was last. Then on the next layout's start it compares that value to decide where to set the player's location. That way you can have multiple entry points for one area.

• Whoa! I LOVE the graphics, animation effects and that smooth movement you achieved with the gameplay.

It's looking really nice so I hope to see it in a more advanced state soon :P

• Hey guys thanks for the comments. I've worked on this a bit more, but I've put it on hold until Spriter releases and works well with C2. The animations have gotten very heavy and I want to keep them looking fluid rather than cut out frames.

StrangeDos - To change layouts, I just have 2 hidden objects. A door object that sends the player to the next layout when they collide (the door has a variable with the name of the next layout). There's also an invisible spawn point on the next layout that the player spawns on

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great animations, can't wait to see it once you pick it back up.

• Hey guys thanks for the comments. I've worked on this a bit more, but I've put it on hold until Spriter releases and works well with C2. The animations have gotten very heavy and I want to keep them looking fluid rather than cut out frames.

StrangeDos - To change layouts, I just have 2 hidden objects. A door object that sends the player to the next layout when they collide (the door has a variable with the name of the next layout). There's also an invisible spawn point on the next layout that the player spawns on

How do you get the player sprite to spawn in the right spot on the other layout? Cause hell if I could figure out how to do that!

Also I really dig the concept here!

• StrangeDos - A few people have asked me this. I'll make a tutorial about it when I get some time.

• Hey this is an amazng game so far.

quick and dirty toughts:

• i would like air dash
    • better walking animation - speed is to high for the legmovement
    • if i hit attack and when i am pressing (still attaking) the other arrowkey its still attaking in the first direction

it would make it easier if the direktion of the arrows would overwrite the attack oritaion. makes that even sense

-make easier jumps and exploration in the beginning

-jumping and attacking feels great.

• i like the art direction so far.

-do more with lighting in the environment dark caves sunbeams through the woods etc etc

• reminds me of dustforce and thats awesome

sorry for all the mistakes but im dead tired.

and thank you for your hard work

• I think I have figured out how to spawn the player in a particular spot depending on where he came from. I set some global variables (PlayerX and PlayerY) and every time the player is colliding with a door sprite that will lead to a certain room, I have the global variables set to the coordinates of the target spawn point.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)