Nothern Path [Demo]

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • This is already completed but I posted a demo instead of full version.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/678077

• nice game.

music is awesome, combat plain and simple just as it is supposed to.

level design should be more clear, it looks like someone had dropped their bag of sprites to ground. Adding contrast, ambient lightning and shadows should do the thing but I'm not sure about that myself.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • nice game.

music is awesome, combat plain and simple just as it is supposed to.

level design should be more clear, it looks like someone had dropped their bag of sprites to ground. Adding contrast, ambient lightning and shadows should do the thing but I'm not sure about that myself.

Hey man, thanks for your comment. I will take note.

• Well done, nice game!

I second the concerns about the level design though. The emey placement feels a bit random at times, many enemies can simply be avoided. You seem to go for some movement and timing challenges, too, which I believe could use a bit more interesting movement behaviour of the player to actually make those moments interesting. Controls are so accurate that these moments don't really challenge me.

That said, I find the graphical style quite appealing. Just enough personal style in the linework and coloring to go as stylized. Personally I'm not missing any more fancy gfx features there. Although more focus on readability in the layout might not be a bad thing.

BTW is it intentional that you can spam LMB in the blue hitzone? Feels a bit exploity. Also I was surprised that I can't seem to win against some enemies, possibly because my stats arent up to it yet? In that case it would only be fair to allow me to leave combat (some penalty included) when I realize that I can't win.

Hope you take that for conctructive criticism, keep it up, I like it!

• Well done, nice game!

I second the concerns about the level design though. The emey placement feels a bit random at times, many enemies can simply be avoided. You seem to go for some movement and timing challenges, too, which I believe could use a bit more interesting movement behaviour of the player to actually make those moments interesting. Controls are so accurate that these moments don't really challenge me.

That said, I find the graphical style quite appealing. Just enough personal style in the linework and coloring to go as stylized. Personally I'm not missing any more fancy gfx features there. Although more focus on readability in the layout might not be a bad thing.

BTW is it intentional that you can spam LMB in the blue hitzone? Feels a bit exploity. Also I was surprised that I can't seem to win against some enemies, possibly because my stats arent up to it yet? In that case it would only be fair to allow me to leave combat (some penalty included) when I realize that I can't win.

Hope you take that for conctructive criticism, keep it up, I like it!

Thank you for your comment! I will take notes and I too noticed some stuff I found not well polished, but they just worked!

• good game !

• good game !

Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)