The Next Penelope (2D F-Zero / Ulysses 31)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
“Zero Numbers” is a logic game. Game with Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported
  • Make that 45 Positive reviews.

• I would also buy the box version, just because its so fricken cool.

• imothep85 I'll answer in English so everyone can understand. Steam doesn't allow devs to share numbers. That said, no, it isn't a hit or even a small success for now, not even close. Early access games don't sell much if there is no zombies or craft in it.

After a 2 years development and a small advance on revenues to finish the game I still have to give back, I'm far to have made any money with it.

What is early access? My goal is to get on Steam, but my game won't be ready for a few months. As long as I get it done by the end of the year, I'll be happy. But when I hear people talking about Steam and not making anything from it, it makes me nervous. I'm not looking to get rich right away, but it has to be worthwhile at least.

• What is early access? My goal is to get on Steam, but my game won't be ready for a few months. As long as I get it done by the end of the year, I'll be happy. But when I hear people talking about Steam and not making anything from it, it makes me nervous. I'm not looking to get rich right away, but it has to be worthwhile at least.

In brief, EA are often unfinished games that rely on pre-purchasers to support its continuing development. A bonus for supporting the game during development is player feedback in theory helps make for a better finished game. The problem is many EA games in the past don't ever get finished so its received a bad reputation. Many EA titles are also broken, full of bugs and are unplayable or with very little content so gamers auto-skip over any EA games.

TNP is definitely not like most EA games, its very polished with a good amount of content. If its sold as a finished game right now, it will do well and justify its price tag.

• In brief, EA are often unfinished games that rely on pre-purchasers to support its continuing development. A bonus for supporting the game during development is player feedback in theory helps make for a better finished game. The problem is many EA games in the past don't ever get finished so its received a bad reputation. Many EA titles are also broken, full of bugs and are unplayable or with very little content so gamers auto-skip over any EA games.

TNP is definitely not like most EA games, its very polished with a good amount of content. If its sold as a finished game right now, it will do well and justify its price tag.

Thanks, that definitely clears things up. As many games as I've bought off Steam, I've never even looked at early access.

• Thanks for the logo, looks awesome much appreciated! Really excited for this game, been showing all my friends clips of it!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So glad this game was released on steam!

• Congrats on the full release Aurel!

Wish you have a ton of sales!

• Hi guys! Thanks a billion for the kind words. I'm trying to catch up with everything (like... last minute bugs) and as soon as it's done, I'll post some detailed news here : )

• Congrats and good luck!

Cocorico ^^

• Aurel - Your game might be the player's choice later. Unfortunately, I don't have money to purchase the game. I'll add your game to my wishlist.

Also, it's now more than a month since the game released, so do you have planned to make a downloadable demo? (Will download it later once my Internet connection was back to normal )

• I also found this: http://aurelregard.tumblr.com/

A very good read. I wish Aurel the best in his future endeavors!

• Sweet Just Sweet

• Hey, nice project! I have one question, how you made that smooth text "fade type" with gradient in dialogs? Visual design looks very cool btw.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)