League of Pixels - 1vs1 MOBA with online mode!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • About 3 years ago, I started making a 2D MOBA with Consctruct 2

The online mode of it is still very buggy and in a very early state, but it is playabele!

kingdanius.itch.io/league-of-pixels-2d-moba

Only the DOWNLOAD versions supports the online feature.

Tell me what you think about it and write to me if you are interested in playing a test round!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • that's really great... and very ambitious!

not to complicate things but design-wise having only 1 lane, it makes it very linear making it not very competitive or exciting (I'm talking game mechanics). For example, I played a lot of HOTS and they have Brawl Mode that has a ARAM mode like this.. but the only thing that makes it exciting is the different heroes people pick since it's 5v5. 1v1 is extremely limited on a 1 lane map. I guess I'm talking about making it more strategic, add 1 or 2 more lanes.

I would also add some flair to the abilities, more pronounced sounds.. more drama etc..

but overall amazing effort! I hope you keep it going!

• jobel

Thank you!

Right now I'm solely focused on improving and polishing the online mode, clearer UI elements and "code" minimizing.

After that's all done, I will going to look at some variety in the map. 2 Lanes might feel a bit overwhelming, since you are only 1 person... I don't want to add additional players untill I really have a fluid player base.

The biggest point on why the lane is so linear and the jungle isn't offering anything was: I added the online mode only last week and I didn't want to put more efford into the BOT AI logic. ^^

• If I were you I would perfect the map and 1 player mode.. set a modest goal, if you can reach that and sustain it, then move on to mp and 1v1.

I like the idea of only making it a 1 player or 1v1. Perhaps you could do what they do in WC3 and have 1 player be able to control different heroes rathter than try to support a whole multiplayer architecture which honestly I don't think Construct is really meant to handle. I say keep it within the engine's reach. What you have is great, a boiled down moba. Keep it simple!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)