jumpin around [scirra arcade]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Like tourists, Travel around the world as fast as you can!
  • I made this small game called jumpin around and put on Scirra Arcade.

You just have to jump to make points, but you have to be careful, because you have limited jumps, so you have to collect the bonus.

The air jumps (or double jumps) are also limited and do not count to make points, it's just to help.

I am thinking, if someone beat 100 points, I will upload the Capx.

Link:

• I really like the idea of having limited jumps, made the game more challenging and interesting!

• Nice dog and game. Sometimes he won't jump even if it is standing on a platform.

• Nice dog and game. Sometimes he won't jump even if it is standing on a platform.

Did you still have jumps? If it is a bug, I will have to look at it.

Air jumps only works in the air, when falling or jumping.

Thanks for the feedback

• I really like the idea of having limited jumps, made the game more challenging and interesting!

Thanks!

Still waiting to see if someone will beat 100 points.

• Very good i love it

• Hey there. Made it to 76.

Would have made it to 100 if I hadn't tried a daring jump too much (got squeezed in between 2 lines.)

Anyway, I love the game. Momentum (as with any other platformer) takes a little bit getting used to but I love the planning that comes with making jumps. I often encounter this gimmick in Super Mario hacks but not the way it's used here as a point system.

This can easily be a hit in the mobile market (if a touch control would translate well).

• katzin thanks.

MPPlantOfficial did you mean, the squeeze between 2 lines is when the player is on platform and suddenly is out and fall? Like a bug..

• MPPlantOfficial did you mean, the squeeze between 2 lines is when the player is on platform and suddenly is out and fall? Like a bug..

Not really a bug. I tried to jump while a platform was speeding towards me and got pushed in between. Although you could check the platform's shape. If you were using Pixel-Perfect collision there is a possibility of getting stuck.

• UPDATE: Sorry for the double post.

I just finished another session of playing this game. I found a bug. I again tried to squeeze in between 2 bars the distance barely higher than the length of the character. I got a <<< and suddenly my character popped out of the other side. He somehow squeezed through the bars.

Another "bug" I noticed, I don't know if you did this intentionally or not but when I collide with a bar during a jump, my vertical velocity seems to be stalled. If a bar is pushing you, the jump doesn't seem to continue anymore.

EDIT: #2

Ok I just got done with another session earning a total of 128 jumps. But somehow only my previous high score of 76 is recorded in the site. The bug isn't with the game but the site's scoring itself!

• MPPlantOfficial your record of 128 is there..

CAPX unlocked! Yeah!

As soon as possible I will upload the CAPX.

• MPPlantOfficial the same happened to me. I did exactily 100 points and did not get on HigshScore board and my old record of 65 vanish.

EDIT: my record is now on the HighScore board.

• Hey!! Fun game

Could you help me please? I'm trying to make a platformer, whee there is a continuous flow of objects, like the screen is moving. Your game has this. I don't know the search term for help on this. Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey!! Fun game

Could you help me please? I'm trying to make a platformer, whee there is a continuous flow of objects, like the screen is moving. Your game has this. I don't know the search term for help on this. Thanks!

you can see how I did the game downloading the CAPX of the game, it could help you.

I start with the template of "auto-runner" from Construct 2 and modified it.

• !!! I tried the game, and I must say the dog is epic!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)