Headbutt Guido 8-bit

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • Hello guys!

Unknowndev here again.

This time I d love to pitch a long term (I hope) project I have been working on, this time I have I playable demo!

About the project.

Guido is a struggling newyorker from brooklyn, looking for a job opportunity. One day he stumbles upon on some adverts about an interesting job opportunity for a private space company...

Controls and mission

Dig around on the asteroid, collect the eggs and go back to the base, think about each movement, dont get stuck!

Arrows

Up - jump

Right - moves right

Left - moves left

(hold) Down - dig down

(hold) A (if close to a rock) - dig left or right

R - Restart

It's a very early prototype demo, though i have been working on this with patience and passion, there are a lot of interactions and puzzles ready that I couldnt just incluce here in the first stage.

Please leave some feedback, suggstions, critics are more than welcome!

Enjoy

link:

dl.dropbox.com/u/17815666/index.html

• Nobody?

• I got all the gems! I am the king!

• yaomon17 thank you for trying my low rez game!

They are actually eggs, but its up on the immagination of the player.

What do you thing about the game? Got stuck a lot? How long time it required for you to figure out how to dig?

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yaomon17 thank you for trying my low rez game!

They are actually eggs, but its up on the immagination of the player.

What do you thing about the game? Got stuck a lot? How long time it required for you to figure out how to dig?

Thank you!

Well I didn't know what the goal was at first so I dug myself into a hole

:But on the second try I got everything.

Nice graphics and sound effects, very retro.

• Pretty nice there! Some toughts:

• maybe make digging left/right the same way as digging down? that was what i expected when i played for the first time
    • draw another animation frame for the flowers! the rotation broke the pixels :(
    • the sun thing was also at a different resolution, make it double pixels like everything else! it would also be nice if it moved across the screen in an arching motion and tint the screen, i noticed it worked kinda like a timer? having it moving would add more to the timer feel
    • overall try to avoid using object scaling if you're going for the retro look, leave everything at 1x and scale up the entire screen (the clouds have alot of different sizes).

Overall, nice graphics, nice sounds, nice game, nice everything, go make more levels now. pleeeeease

• Thank you so much for trying my prototype and finding two minutes to drop some very useful suggestions.

1) i know it would be nice to have a even simpler control system, just click right to dig right for example. Can not implement it though, for different reasons, mainly because i have some interactive objects that i will deploy later in the game that requires you to be able to stay at the left or at the right of a brick and press/hold left or right without trigger a headbutt.

2 ) all the consideration about the resolution assets are true and i will improve it following what you have pointed out.

Nice idea about the sun, what i use is not a timer, but its based on how many bricks you have destroyed.

Thank you so much again for your feedback, it was really useful!

Ciao!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)