[FREE] Touch My Balls!

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • It took me around two weeks to cobble together, with some help from a friend, and while it's not up to the standards of some other games here, I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far.

I took the Clay.io leaderboards out because I was under the impression they weren't happy for games with their plug-in to be used on ad-supported sites other than their own ~

I wasn't having much luck with Clay.io anyway, (the game was 'pending' for around three months) so I decided to purchase my own domain and upload the game there:

http://www.touchmyballs.net/

Please enjoy.

Thank you.

• It took me around two weeks to cobble together, with some help from a friend, and while it's not up to the standards of some other games here, I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far.

I took the Clay.io leaderboards out because I was under the impression they weren't happy for games with their plug-in to be used on ad-supported sites other than their own ~

I wasn't have much luck with Clay.io anyway, (the game was 'pending' for around three months) so I decided to purchase my own domain and upload the game there:

http://www.touchmyballs.net/

Please enjoy.

Thank you.

awsome fun!:D made 173 ... im a noob!

• Best....name ever x3

But the game is fun, even though I was having a little of trouble with my touchscreen

• It's called "touch my balls"! *giggles*

The game is cute, but lacks some sort if added mechanic to provide the player with some choices: for example, having a combo streak, a per color combo, etc.

Sometimes, the bounces get a bit crazy as well. The velocity of the balls tends to build up when multiple balls touch each other in rapid successions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It needs a "color streak" or "combo streak" or "exploding balls that drain time" or some similar sort of gameplay variety. And a background that doesn't interfere with the game. And spritefonts instead of fonts. It will be fun

• Addictive!

• I've been working on a simple background, along with having made the balls look less like a circle and more like a sphere. It'll be ready as soon as I've sorted a few other things out. For now, it's still a work in progress.

• Keep Updating! this will be best games

• If you care to check it out, I've updated the game, but only the visuals. Mechanically, it's still exactly the same game it was before.

If you've loaded it recently already, you'll have to clear you cache and load it again, otherwise you'll just get the old version.

• I came for the name, I left for the game.

There is no challenge, I think it's boring as hell.

I tested the game on Firefox 30.

-> there is no "Rainbow ball" but sometimes my timer and my points are changing magically. (or I don't understand what you mean with "Rainbow ball")

-> there is no difficulty. you only have to click and see your score evolving.

-> i don't understand why the music is off by default.

-> when i make it on, after one try, it go off again.

-> there is no "mute" button for stopping by myself the music during the game

-> shadows are rotating with balls - for improving that, you should make one sprite with only the shadow, and pinning it on every ball with "Position only" parameter.

IMO, there is a lack of challenge and stress. You can add some achivements :

-> clicking only on ___ coloured ball XXX times without touching any other ball

-> make a "rainbow serie" in clicking every color once

-> click ____ color and ___ color successively XXX times

etc...

and if you don't want to use theses rules as achievements, you can use them for making score bonuses ! So best players are ones who are the best in making good series, like in a shmup game ! Because for now, player is randomly clicking everywhere without knowing what he is doing. And it's why I think your game is boring for now.

Continue to update your game, i don't have a fixed opinion

• How do you lose? My hand got tired at 451.

• The rainbow ball shows up once you've clicked each ball 20 times, although I'm thinking of reducing that to 7 (because a rainbow has seven colours, so ~), which will means it will also show up more often.

In my mind the difficulty is in having to reach the next hundred points before the clock runs out - you get an extra 30 seconds every hundred points. You think I should make the balls faster the higher the points? (or something like that) Hm... what else could I do? I could start the timer lower, but the points higher, and the points get lower and lower every hundred points

Thank for the "Position only" suggestion - I had no idea about that!

I just checked to see what you meant about the sound, and yeah, you've got a point ... Still got a few kinks to iron out it seems. I'll work on that. I'm also going to ad in a 'pop' sound for when you click on the balls.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)