My first game (some issues and questions inside)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • So I finally completed my first game (I made the music, ilustrations and graphics from scrath). A simple click and eliminate game with 3 endings.

I thought it would be cool to use Spriter for the animation, the game looked ok when it was running in Construct 2. But when finally I have uploaded it, I have found that the game doesn?t work properly until it is saved in the cache of the web explorer.

So in the first runs of the game in the browser there are a lot of bugs, and finally when the game is in the cache all works fine.

If someone wants to try the game, it?s here. You have to reload it 4 or 5 times in order it works properly.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66913341/monsterFINALDEFINAL/index.html

(New links added changes based on bsimser oppinions)

PS: I forget to say that the cache trick only works on Chrome.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Sorry for my bad english.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Actually it worked fine for me the first time (Chrome on Windows 7).

A couple of suggestions:

1. Include some instructions. I had no idea how to play so I went through about 6 times trying various keys and mouse clicks and I still don't know how it works, what the goal is, etc.

2. The animations are a little jerky so I would look at lerp functions and other techniques to smooth some of them out

3. The start and end screen feel out of place with the game graphics. Consider using your main game background as a background for the menus and try reducing the number of fonts used. Maybe a creepy font to go with the theme of the game.

4. The end screen is a little insulting (especially with no instructions) telling the user the game is very easy. Try to be more sympathetic with the user and encourage them instead of deflating them.

Fun stuff!

• Wow!! Many thanks. I didn?t expect it worked fine in other computers.

Sorry, I wasn?t trying to be rude with the text just encouraging to try a litle harder.

Many thanks for your observations. I will take them account. The game is a simply click and kill with the mouse, I thought it would be implicit with the title (Monster click abuser).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)